chapter 4

Art is not a hobby. It is how you live. How one person lives. I know to myself that even though I am an artist and I'm already doing the thing I love the most, I am still that sad damsel. A woman standing stranded in the midst of a deserted place with nothing but sadness surrounding her. No matter what I do, I am that sad artist who never get to prove herself to her mother and her sibling. Failure is always my middle name.

I am sad. I think everybody else is, too. There are a lot of people showing fake smiles to one another, like telling them that they've got everything under control when the truth is, they don't. Depression is never a small thing because it could lead you to committing suicide. I may be trying to look okay but God knows how depressed I am up to this day. That's why I'm sad. I'm sad that I never had the chance to make it up to my mom. And the worst part about being this sad is that you don't even know what makes you happy anymore.

Hindi ko alam na nakaidlip pala ako habang nagbabyahe. Ross, geez I can't stop thinking about his name, woke me up when we were told that we have reached our destination. The airport.

I readied myself before I moved out of the bus. Tominez brought my baggage with him without even telling me. Kung hindi ko lang talaga sya nakitang naglalakad palabas bitbit ang maleta ko, baka sinuyod ko pa ng husto ang buong bus para lang mahanap ang bag ko. Bwiset talaga ang lalaking iyon.

I followed his path and walked beside him. He glanced at me and smiled beautifully. Oh, that smile.

"Good morning, Ormosia. How's your rest?" here's his informality once again, waving at me.

"How's your brain? How dare you bring my baggage without my consent?!" I complained. It's not that I don't like others touching my things, it's just that I don't need his help because I clearly can manage it myself.

"Look, you are still gathering up some energy because you've just recently woken up. Binitbit ko na para sayo. In fact, you should be thankful that I've extended a little hand for you. So just shut it, okay?" he replied, shutting me up.

"Whatever." Having no other choices, I agreed.

"Come on, Ms. P is already inside. She has this thing about late comers and slow people." And he quickened his pace, and so I did the same. We went inside the plane and he was ahead of me, probably to avoid stampede. I was just following him when my earphones fell from the pocket of my tattered jeans. I quickly squatted and fetched the wired thing when someone else was also holding the other part of the earphones. I adjusted my gaze and focused it to the person in front of me. Shit.

It was Kohle. I stood up holding the wires and he did the same thing, not letting go of my earphones. I stared at his brown eyes for a little longer before I heard him call me.

"Ormosi—Ms. Aduana. Here is our seat. You could gladly steal the seat by the window like what you did earlier when we were at the bus. I've already placed our bags in the overhead bin." Tominez called me out. I was too preoccupied, I think.

I answered my supervisor. "Coming, Mr. Tominez." I looked at Kohle for the last time, he already let my earphones go. "I-I have to go. Have a good day ahead of you, Mr. Herrera." And turned my back from him. I started walking when his sudden word stopped me.

"Sia." My heart felt the familiar warmth of his voice calling my name and I suddenly have goosebumps. He really knows how to break me.

I faced him with plastic courage. "Mr. Herrera, we are on project. Don't forget the formality. And please, don't call me with that name, sir. Ever." For my own safety, please, Drae, stop calling me Sia. You're breaking my sanity!