chapter 3

I believe that in a world where you can be anything, be an artist. It's a whole lot better to express everything into paintings and not to people. You can trust paint and brush, but you can't do the same thing with humans. Humans tend to be jealous and selfish and so they betray you using the trust you gave them as the foundation of that betrayal. Painting is like having a friend who always listen to your shits in life and turn them in masterpieces. You relieved yourself from all the drama, and you created a portrait and give it a title of "Shits of life". See? Being an artist is way better.

I am standing under the bus stop, waiting for bus 003. I brought my favorite sweater with me, the last memory I have with my mom because she was the one who gave this to me as a recognition gift last 2009 when I was hailed as the valedictorian of my class. It is a personalized sweater, with my initials printed on the upper left part of the clothing. How I love the feeling whenever I wear this, it feels like mama is hugging me. God, how I missed that woman.

The team 2 artists are here with their supervisors, same thing with the other group's team 1. Fortunately, my supervisor is still not around. Maybe he was having pre-project jitters that's why he's not yet here or worst he was having insomnia and was unable to sleep last night because he's too excited for today. If ever I'm right, I still don't care at all.

I decided to grab my earphones and connect it with my iphone. I chose a song and listened to it carefully. If you're curious with what I'm currently listening, it's a melody—a lullaby to be exact. I like listening to these types of song because it soothes me. It caresses me, something I hope I could do to my younger brother/sister. I sighed really deep. Kahit saan man ako pumunta, hindi talaga ako makakatakas sa mga problema at kasalanan ko. I think they found a lot of ways on how to outsmart me. 

I closed my eyes and felt the moment. I started humming unconsciously until the song came to an end, so I decided to open my eyes and found color blue. As I gathered my thoughts in my head while removing my earphones, I finally figured out that it was somebody's chest. It was a blue polo. My head cocked upwards and my eyes found those hazel orbs. Here he comes.

"Good morning, Ms. Aduana." And he smiled at me crookedly. I had to blink a few times before I recovered. Ah, this guy.

"Good morning, Mr. Tominez" I replied with no enthusiasm and his smile was erased. Ang pikon ng taong ito. "What's with the face, sir?" I tried to ask, eager to divert the uneasiness in my stomach knowing that this is the closest distance we had so far. Shit what is happening with me.

"Handsomeness, I think." I squirted my eyes on him and his conceitedness. How dare he talk shit on me?

"I didn't know that you have the qualities to be a conceited monkey... sir." He gaped at me. I wanted to sound as polite as possible but unfortunately, I am transparent as fuck.

"Ouch." And he held his chest. I never knew that he's somewhat overdramatic, too. But this time, I will keep this one inside my head. Baka magtanim ng sama ng loob 'tong tukmol na ito. "That was way too harsh, Ormosia." I didn't know how to react with the fact that he called me by my name. He's a fucker okay.

"S-sir? I thought you supervisors were to call us with formality?" I raised an eyebrow. We were told that whenever we are inside the premises of the podium, on project, and alone in private, we are to be called with formality by everyone. And we do the same thing to them. That's why I really will question this guy and his different overview of things.

"Cut the crap out, Ormosia. We both know that the word formal doesn't fit the both of us." I was about to remind him about the rule but he hushed me. "Here's the bus. Let's go." And he turned his back on me. He walked his way to the entrance of the bus and surprisingly, everyone let him enter first. Before stepping inside the vehicle, he glanced to my position and raised both of his brows. He mouthed me some slightly audible words. 'Why are you still there? Come here!'. Bitch.