Lack Of Control

I tried to scream but what came out was that exact same inhuman sound, but much louder. Then the lights began flickering.

I'm going crazy. This is all a hallucination.

I kept my eyes shut tightly and stayed put, curled up into a ball on the bathroom floor as I hoped for all this to stop. After a minute I saw the lights working properly again and I got up hesitantly. I got on my feet but I was crouched because I was scared to see myself in the mirror. A minute or two passed and I finally built up the courage to look at myself again.

I was normal. Well, sort of, since there  were still stains of dried blood coming from my mouth, nose and eyes but other than that my face looked normal and human. I tried to say something to make sure my voice was normal as well but all that came out was a pathetic whimper.

I remembered how I was there to brush my teeth. I thought that if I did something normal without thinking of anything, I might calm down. I took my toothbrush with a shaky hand and put toothpaste on it. The moment I opened my mouth, I saw my teeth were pitch black. I dropped my toothbrush out of fear and tried to punch the mirror.

Before my fist even touched the mirror, it cracked. The lights began to flicker once again and I ran into my room to retrieve my phone. As I expected, it didn't turn on. I could barely see anything but I managed to take off my t-shirt and put on a clean one along with a pair of jeans. I didn't even wash my face. I ran as fast as I could down the stairs and reached my front door but as soon as I grabbed the door knob, it bent and stopped working properly.

I... am going crazy. Without a fucking doubt.

I twisted the door knob and it popped right off, leaving the door open and anyone could get in to take whatever they wanted. I didn't give a single fuck, I ran as fast as humanly possible towards Heston's house.

As I was getting closer to his house, I began to see more and more people on the street whom I had to dodge. One of them caused me to stumble and fall to my left side which, fortunately, had a wall that looked as if it was made of concrete.

Fuck, this is gonna hurt!

I crashed into the wall and it did hurt but what I wasn't expecting to see was a part of it break down upon impact.

No, no, no! That is not real! Just how fast am I losing my sanity?!

Then I noticed how everyone around me was staring at me as if I was a criminal of some sort. That made me run even faster.

There was an alleyway near Heston's house with no one around so I got in there and took off my t-shirt to take a look at my left shoulder that collided with the concrete wall that I somehow damaged. It was bleeding out that same black liquid which reminded me of my thumb. I looked down at my thumb to see that it was fully healed even though I had cut it quite deep.

How...? How did it- Ah, fuck! My shoulder! I'll ask Hes for some bandages. He better have some painkillers as well.

I put my t-shirt back on and used my right hand to try and stop the bleeding from my shoulder. I looked up to stretch both my arms and neck before leaving the alleyway  and saw that on of the rooftops of the two buildings I was in between, had a person on it that was looking at me. The person had a short ponytail and was thin so I thought it was a woman. She immediately got out of my sight as soon as she noticed me looking up as if she didn't wanna be found out. I couldn't see the face, only the silhouette.

Who the f- No, it had to have been my imagination. Who would even stare at me like that for no apparent reason?

I began running to Heston's house once again but slower this time as I was holding my shoulder with my right hand. After a bit, I saw his house.