Chapter Two

"Watch out! It's gonna explode!!!"

"What the-?!"

Without having the chance to finish my sentence, it exploded.

The area was surrounded with smoke and my apron was in a mess. I could only groan out a complain as I thought about the additional work added.

Well, I couldn't blame them as they are still kids. I sighed and as the smoke cleared up, I shifted my eyes to the person who caused everything to happen.

I brightly smiled, "Ame-chan..."

Before I managed to squeeze out another word, the teacher beats me to it by yelling at Ame-chan. The aforementioned girl could only shrink back as she was scolded.

Serves you for being a curious cat, but seriously teacher...I was still talking.

Currently, we are at the chemistry laboratory doing experiments. I was assigned together with Ame-chan and some students in the handling of the chemicals, when you-know-what happened next.

Now, Ame-chan is dealing with the teacher's wrath because of what she just did.

What did she do?

She just blew our project.

It was how to make explosives. Don't ask me ask to why we are doing such inappropriate thing.

It is for the sake of science, as said by our teacher. But, seriously...teacher, are you teaching us to be criminals?

Anyways, I admit that I got angry over it, but wasting my time getting angry is more of a waste. More importantly,...

"S-sorry everyone-hii!?"

"You just blew it!!!"

Pfft! Well, that was a blast.

🏃🏃🏃🏃🏃

"Juudaime!!!"

I blinked as I felt a sense of de já vu and turned. Only to see the person I had in mind the moment I heard that familiar honorifics.

It's him alright. The event sure ended earlier. Man, to think I missed it.

I continued to walk behind them, observing their interactions with each other. Sawada-san being the caring boss as ever and Gokudera-san being the right hand man as what he had proclaimed.

I could only sweat drop when I saw him nearly blow up someone just because that person insulted his boss. Not when,...

"Hey, you!!!"

...he spotted me.

I could only stop walking and look at him as he makes his way to me along with Sawada-san trying to stop him.

He glared at me, which I only blinked and tilted my head.

"Don't act as if you're innocent!!!" he yelled.

I deadpanned and started to act as the mob as I am. "What are you talking about, Uncle?" I offer you my apologies, Gokudera-san.

"U-uncle?!"

"G-Gokudera!?"

His face turned red, clearly showing his anger. Sawada-san was really pale as he watches the silver head and my exchange. Though it is an honor to be basked by your presence, I still have to do my job to remove suspicions.

Looking straight at Gokudera-san I decided to add the flames by giving out a sneer and said, "Weirdo."

With that remark, I then left and turned to the other side of the road. Even at a distance, I could still hear his angry shouts. Cursing me with all his might.

I stared at the sky above me as I sighed.

What an explosive day.

< After the experiment, with Ame >

After the explosion at the chemistry laboratory, the teacher and Ame went to the faculty room to discuss something regarding the incident.

"Do you know what you just did Kuno-san?!" yelled the teacher as she glared at the shrinking Ame.

Ame sniffed, "B-But, can't you at least see..." she then points at the newly made project.

Umi and the others had forgiven her despite what she did and did their best to make another project with the materials left.

"I can see it...." the teacher sneered.

Ame could only close her eyes waiting for another round of rants from her teacher only...

"And still it does not change the fact that you ruined my face!"

...to hear that. The teacher's in the faculty, so as Ame could only blink when they heard that.

The chemistry teacher continued her rants about her face and things not related to the school project and all.

The teacher's and Ame could only deadpan inside the faculty.

Heck, can you give us a break? They simultaneously thought.