Chapter 14

Eren woke up in a bed, he felt numb still, but he could finally see. The lines around his cheeks felt dry, and he was light headed.

His heart stall ached, as the hand was still burned into his mind. He felt like screaming again, he pushed himself up off of the bed.

Someone knocked on the door, and then walked in.

"Hey Eren!" Armin smiled, "The expedition was a success, after you cleared that group of titans."

"How can you be so happy right now?" Eren nearly yelled, "Didn't you hear about Mikasa?!"

Armin looked at him confused, "What are you talking about?

"Mikasa's dead" Eren sunk down to the bed.

Armin just looked at him, and walked out of the room.

He stayed on the bed, and a few minutes later, the door swung open again.

Eren looked up, and met eyes with Mikasa.

He threw himself onto her, wrapping his arms around her shoulders.

"He- Eren i'm okay"

He backed up, and grabbed her arms looking at her hands

"Both of them.." He looked up at her. "How?"

She ignored the question, and sat him on the bed,

"You haven't been crying again have you?" She smiled

He just dropped his head, then looked up again. As expected the scarf was gone.

"Who's hand was holding your scarf?"

"Some poor girl, she wasn't paying attention and was grabbed. I tried to save her, and she grabbed onto the scarf, right before the jaw bit down"

He drew in a ragged breath, "I thought I lost you.."

"Well i'm still here aren't I?" She asked him.

He just nodded, and Mikasa pulled him in for another hug.

"I'll get you a new scarf" He whispered

"Don't worry about it Eren.." She said.

"You know.. everyone in my squad was scared shitless when your titan appeared.." She laughed

Eren let a small chuckle escape from his mouth, "I was so pissed.."

"We all could tell, I had to cut you out before you went on another rampage, and before everyone else started to panic."

"I take it Levi isn't too pleased?" He asked her, looking up again.

"Yeah.. not exactly, I had to stop him from waking you up, just so he could knock your back out again."

"He's going to be fun to deal with.."

Just then, the door opened again, and in walked a certain asshole, with a grin on his face.

"Pathetic Eren, I could have saved Mikasa" Jean said, rounding the corner.

When he looked at Mikasa, his grin dropped.

"U- Eh.. Mikasa! You found Eren!"

Mikasa stood up, and without a word grabbed Jean by his shirt, and threw him out of the room. Eren winced as he heard Jean collide with the wall on the other side of the door. Mikasa slammed the door, and walked back to Eren, sitting on the bed next to him.

"What an asshole... He was waiting to be able to do something like that.."

Mikasa sighed, and laid Eren down, following him down as well. Eren looked over at her,

"Mikasa? What are you doing"

She shushed him, "You deserve this, let's just spend some time with each other before a Levi comes in to get you."

He just nodded, wrapping an arm around her, and yawned. He looked down at Mikasa, who was just looking straight ahead out the window, and he closed his eyes.

It only felt like a few seconds, though it was probably closer to an hour, when Mikasa shook him awake.

"Eren, we need to go get something to eat"

Eren groaned, and sat up.

"You looked at peace" She commented

"Well yeah, you aren't dead"

She laughed slightly "Come on, let's go"

He nodded, standing up. He started walking, and Mikasa jogged slightly to catch up. He grabbed her hand, and they walked off to the food hall.

_____________________
There we go, another chapter down. Thanks for reading this. I'll see you all later. Bye!