Chapter 7

"Hi.. Eren" Mikasa sputtered out. She had to talk to him, alone.

He turned to everyone else, Jean, Connie, Sasha, Levi, to which he just waved.

"I'm alive and well, now-" he began, before Mikasa spoke up.

"Eren, we need to talk please.. alone"

"Last time we did, you told me you didn't want to see me again."

Mikasa inhaled, and bit her lip as tears stung at her eyes, before saying,

"Eren.. please"

He just sighs, before nodding.

"Alright, then follow me."

He leads her to the hidden spring, and sits down on a rock, and Mikasa sits in front of him.

"Eren.. I'm sorry" She said

"Come again?" He asked, cocking an eyebrow

"I'm sorry for what I said to you.. I didn't mean it. Ever since you left, I've been wanting to say that. Two years I've cried myself to sleep, because I was the reason you left"

Eren just reaches out to her, putting his hand on her shoulder.

"I forgive you.. and I'm sorry, for always yelling at you, but living out here for two years made me realize how much you really helped me."

At this point, Mikasa started to cry, to which Eren pulled her into a hug.

"Eren.. please, can we start over? Forget all the bad things that have happened between us, and just start off on good footing?"

He just nods slightly. "Are you saying you want me to come back?"

She nods, pulling the scarf up to her eyes, to soak up the tears.

"I suppose... We can start over"

They sat there for five more minutes, and once Mikasa calmed down, they went back, and got everyone. Eren took his key back, and they went on their way back.

Eren questioned Armin.

"How'd you find me? You can't possibly have known where I was this whole time."

"We heard, a few days ago that a man who looked a lot like you, had came up here two years ago, when you left. After searching around, we found the cave. It was a long shot, and Mikasa didn't know about it, we wanted to keep it a secret from her incase it wasn't you. Ever since you left, she wasn't the same, she'd sit at her window and watch, waiting for you to come back."

Eren just nodded.

"She was hysterical when I told her you left, she kept searching for you for hours and hours, and only gave up when she was too exhausted to keep going. She completely lost hope a few months in."

He looked over to Mikasa, who had the scarf pulled up over her face, and her hood up, again.

Few hours later

They arrived back to the camp, it didn't change much, just a few new buildings was really all.

They put the horses back in the stalls, and Eren went back to his old room.. nothing had changed. the sheets were still unmade like they were when he left, his dresser was still cluttered, everything was the same.

He went to work on cleaning the place up, before moving a bunch of the stuff around, to make the room look better, before heading to the mess hall to eat. He sat between both Armin and Mikasa again, like they had been the day he left, and he began eating, when Mikasa offered bread to him, to see how he reacted, he declined, to which she told him to take it.

He let out a sigh, but did take the bread, and ate it. He looked around the table and asked if anyone was done, to which a few said they were, confused. He took their bowls, and brought them up to a counter for them to be washed, which earned him a few confused murmurs at the table  when he left. He then told both Armin and Mikasa he was going to sit on a bench in a clearing, and that they could join if they'd like. Armin said he'd be out later, but Mikasa followed right away.

They say together, in silence, then Eren spoke.

"You could've stayed with them you know.. they treated you a lot better than I did"

She just shrugged

"I haven't seen you in two years, and I still feel bad for what I said"

Eren sighed, "Mikasa, don't be. I needed what you said. At first I was sad, I didn't want to leave but you told me to, so I did. Over the two years though, I realized how much you took care of me, and I struggled at first, but since then I learned how to take care of myself so you wouldn't have to, at least not as much anymore."

He then started to tell her everything he saw, and began to smile. Mikasa saw this and began to smile herself, listening to his stories he had to tell.

________________________
That's that, the end of the chapter. Let me know how you like how this turned out so far, and thanks for reading. Peace.