"Lose another friend?" I mimic her in a questioning way.

"I wasn't supposed to say that last part," she said, looking down at her feet.

"Can you at least tell me though?" I asked but more like begging.

"When I was in first grade, I actually have 2 best friends, Emma and Georgia," she started explaining. "Georgia asked me if she can hang out us that weekend but I said no because Emma and I made plans for only ourselves. I know, I'm really selfish when I was a kid. Then that night, I got news from my mom that Georgia and her family are in a car accident. And then a few days later in her in the hospital, she died. I still think that it's my fault that she died because I ignored her."

She gave out a huge quiet sigh. I put my arms around her shoulder for a side hug while she put her arms around my waist and she then rested her head on my shoulder. We finally reached their front door to see a lot of shopping bags and clothes lying on the flight of stairs.

"Sorry, I was kind of hurrying to get to your house," she fake smiled.

Mae and I picked it up and went straight to her room. We both decided that we're going to sleep together for a little while. Mae went to the bathroom first and changed into her jammies then I went next. I realize that I have nothing to change in to so I got out of the bathroom. When I reached Mae's room, I saw clothes lying down on her bed.

"What are those for?" I asked.

"You're going to wear them tomorrow because you have nothing to wear at school," she smiled. "I actually got this weird feeling in my stomach, and I don't know why but my brain was telling me to buy some clothes for you too, so I did."

I walked up towards her and pulled her in my arms for a hug. She tried pulling away but I held her tighter, not letting her go from my grip. She giggled a little bit and she put her hands on my waist again. I just want to hug her all day and thank her for everything that she and her family had done for me and my family. They have been really helpful to us since we moved here and it's the best thing that has ever happened to us. We kept hugging for a little bit while we were moving our feet side by side. More like slow dancing without music.

"Can I ask you something?" Mae said at my chest, breaking the peaceful silence between us.

"What?" I asked back without breaking our hug or our slow dance.

"Why do your hugs always comfort me?" she asked me again without making any contact. I smiled as she said that.

"Why do your hugs always complete my days?" I asked back.

I moved my left arm to her chin and lifted her head up so we can make an eye contact. Her beautiful dark brown eyes made its way to look at my eyes and I saw a sparkle on her eyes when she smiled.

"Maybe they're made for each other," I said. I put my hand on her right cheek, leaned down and pulled her face towards mine but before I could make my move she put a sweatpants and a t-shirt on my chest.

"Go change first," she trailed of. "You smell like smoke."

I sighed and grabbed the clothes and head down to the bathroom. I heard her laugh and I just flipped her off. I groaned quietly as I finally reached the bathroom. I was so close to get a chance to actually kiss her but she blew it off. Maybe I was wrong, maybe she doesn't actually like me and she only want us to be just friends, but she just said that my hugs always comforts her in any ways. I still have to make my move and if she didn't let me kiss her, she doesn't like me back but if she kissed back that means she liked me too. Ugh I'm too nervous and too excited to see what's going to happen.

As I came out of the bathroom, I saw Mae lying down on her bed with the covers surrounding her perfect body and her phone in her hands. She didn't notice me coming out so I walked up towards her and climb up on top of her. She put her phone away and she laughed quietly. Before she could say anything else, I inserted my lips on hers and kiss her. Why isn't she kissing back? I knew it. She doesn't like me back. Well nice try Matt. I tried pulling away but my lips won't because finally, she kissed back. Holy guacamole she likes me too.

I'm seriously freaking out inside but I didn't show her how happy I am because she might take it back. We shared a sweet, romantic, passionate kiss for about a minute until she pulled away.

"Do you want to sleep on the couch or the bed?" she asked.

"I'll sleep on the bed if that's okay with you," I smirked.

"Sure," she smiled, and then bit her lip.

Damn, she looks so hot when she bit her bottom lip. I lied down on the bed beside her and she yawned loudly. I laughed and she laughed back.

"Thank you," I blurted out.

"For what?" she asked, turning around to face me.

"Thank you for everything that you and your family have done for us," I replied.

"You're welcome," she smiled.

"And I'm sorry too because I wasn't there beside you when you really needed someone," I said sadly.

"Are you kidding?" she laughed. "You were there for me to make me feel better when Adrian dumped me. You made me realized that I'm stronger than before."

"Come here," I said. I stretched my left arm for her to come closer. She rested her head and her hand on my chest and I put my hand around her shoulder and hug her tight.

"Goodnight," she said on my chest.

"Goodnight beautiful," I said back and kissed her forehead.

This day was both a bad and an amazing day I've ever had in my entire life. Bad because my dad was in the hospital and there's a person who keeps threating me. Good because Mae and her family let us stay at their house anytime we want, Mae and I will have more time to hangout with each other, and because tonight I kissed Mae and I found out that she liked me back.

That kissed was honestly perfect. There was a ton of butterflies in my stomach, I heard fireworks firing in the whole room and I felt a spark that passes our lips when we were sharing a passionate kiss. As I close my eyes to go to sleep, the thoughts about the death threats started popping in my mind again but I managed to keep those thoughts away for now so I only have to worry about my dad until he gets here feeling better and looking fine as his old self and enjoy the days that I'm here with Mae.