22.

22.

Her cold blue eyes meet mine, filled with nothing but sadness. They fill with tears once they lock with mine. For a split second I see grief and happiness but suddenly washed over with pure rage and hatred.

Lottie drops her shopping bags in a hurry before exiting the living room and running down the hallway without another glance. Jean stares at the hallway as if expecting for Lottie to come back out, but I very well knew she wouldn't be coming out of her bedroom any time soon.

"Louis!" Phoebe suddenly squeals out in happiness running over to me and wrapping her arms securely around my neck burying her head into my chest. Daisy runs over and engulfs us into a group hug, both of them crying in excitement.

I hug them back just as tightly, letting the feeling of their happiness sink into me. I take a seat back on the couch once the twins let go, quickly they seat themselves next to me. Daisy takes my hand and Phoebe instantly wraps her arms around my arm cowering into my side. Soft sniffles come from the both of them while warm tears stream down their faces.

"I missed you so much Louis." Daisy says while wiping her tears and tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear. I have no words to say at the moment, the guiltiness setting in once Fizzy walks further into the room with her mouth agape. Her eyes never leaving mine, they are wide with both fear and worry as if she was a deer staring at a pair of headlights in the cool night.

"What are you doing here?" I look over to Jean who stares at Fizzy waiting for a reaction to come from her. I believe Jean was waiting for her to start crying happy tears and run towards me, but all Fizzy ever did was look me over before turning her heal and making her way down to Lottie's room.

"I knew this was a bad idea." I mainly mumble to myself but the twins hear and hug me tighter.

"Please don't go Louis, you just got here." Daisy begs while her eyes filled with tears once again. I kiss her forehead gently hugging her once again with Phoebe leaning against my shoulder still.

"It's alright Louis. I believe they are just a bit in shock by your presence. They will get over it soon." Dan reassures stepping into the room with a glass of water held in his right hand.

"It's so lovely for you to suddenly surprise us with this visit." Mum takes a seat next to Dan on the sofa opposite from Jean and I. Mum looks over at the twins who still latch themselves to me with watery eyes. My heart sinks realizing just how much my family still cared for me. Even though Lottie and Fizzy were still mad about my sudden appearance, I still believed somewhere everyone still loved me.

~

After deciding to head to the park with Phoebe and Daisy, and having Jean push me into the wet grass when trying to retrieve my phone I had dropped. I had cleaned up for dinner, nervous for tonight's events since Lottie was literally pulled out of her room. Fizzy had come out of her room once we had gotten back from the park, but once her cold eyes made contact with mine she instantly fled to the kitchen to help mum with the dishes.

Jean and I follow behind the two cars of my family, my hands gripping the steering wheel tightly making them appear pale. This goes unnoticed by Jean who stares at the beautiful village that held my dark past.

"Your family is lovely."

"Thanks." I reply with a mumble focusing on the small droplets of water on the windshield. My hands start to shake with anxiety and panic, but I keep myself calm promising myself not to have another episode.