7.

7.

It had started to rain again almost instantly when I had walked out of the studio doors. It was relaxing, but as the minutes rolled by the more soaked I got. My boots lazily scuffed against the cement of the sidewalk. I took the backstreets, not wanting anyone to notice me. I really wasn't in any mood to sign autographs or hear the name calling.

Getting back to my apartment I angrily shut the door behind me with a slam, a small yelp sounds from the couch catching my attention. I had forgotten all about Jean she had been sleeping on the couch but the loud sound of my door had frightened her awake as she sat up more with wide eyes. I released a small sigh before sucking in my lower lip and puffing out my cheeks nervously.

"I, um, I'm sorry." I say with a small apologetic smile. Jean only nods before standing from the couch, stretching out her arms. "How long were you asleep?"

"Since you had left. I still don't have a ride." Jean shrugs shyly. Her black hair with the dyed highlights falls into her face as if she were trying to hide from me. The green in her eyes are bright in the natural lighting of the living area. My curtains had been drawn back, letting the small light of the cloudy sky fill the room. I never drew my curtains back, I always hated the natural lighting. It was always too bright for my liking. I wanted to close the curtains and switch on the table lamp, but looking at Jean and how the natural light made her skin almost glow and her eyes seem brighter, I didn't want to take that beauty away from her.

"I think I'm going to go, thank you for letting me stay Louis." Jean starts to dress into her coat, my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"I thought you didn't have a ride?"

"Well, um, yeah." Jean started to look a little flushed while she buttoned up her black wool coat.

"Do you want me to give you a ride home?"

"I don't want to be a bother." She starts to say but I cock my head to the side giving her a shake of my head.

"It doesn't bother me, you can stay or I can take you home. I'm not a bad person you know?"

'Yes you are!' My mind screams at me making my soft smile form into a pout.

"Wouldn't your girlfriend get mad for letting a girl stay here?" She starts to twirl her hair nervously. She was trying desperately to make up an excuse not to stay here because she felt like she was intruding. It was cute I must say, while she looked at the ground, puffing out her cheeks slightly every nervous glance she would give me.

"What girlfriend?" I almost laugh making her furrow her eyebrows at me.

"Eleanor?" At her name my shoulders slumped. I pressed my lips into a thin line looking away from her green eyes.

"You're welcome to stay the night or until whoever answers the phone. I'm usually alone so it would be nice to have someone stay at the apartment."

"Okay." She gives in while shrugging off her coat. I watch the way she neatly folds it, laying it over the couches arm. She looks at me curiously, unsure of what to do now so I nod my head to the kitchen telling her to follow me to the kitchen.

I make lunch for the both of us, nothing too big just a couple of sandwiches and a glass of water. We both ate in silence at the table my thoughts swirled around between Liam, the interview and Jean. The anger inside of me was still there, the need of having a couple of beers eating through me.