Schemes are like Fruit

Lady Hyuna could not take the overly romantic royal couple who were proudly showcasing their budding romance in front of everybody. King V was so immersed into Diya that Hyuna started feeling uncomfortable. The couple could hardly take their eyes off of each other.

Hyuna's insides were burning. She could not tolerate the scene unfolding before her. That place beside the king legitimately belonged to her. Nobody deserved it more than Lady Hyuna. How could she let a random girl be an obstruction in the path of her desires? She would never let it happen.

Lady Hyuna excused herself telling V that she needed to attend the guests, especially the other concubines. V did not even spare a glance at Hyuna when she left his side. That irritated the head concubine even more. This indifference was downright insulting. The more she felt insulted, the more determined she was in seeking her revenge. Hyuna wanted to destroy Diya.

On the other hand, Diya was completely enjoying all the affections King V was showering on her. Nobody would believe this was the same V who had once taken her forcefully. This man had changed and walked a long path together with her.

Looking at King V, Diya got lost in her imagination. She started reflecting on her life. V noticed and pecked her nose lightly with a smile.

"Can't get enough of this handsome face?" V winked at her playfully.

Diya smiled shyly, looking away from V after a long time.

However, V was not having it. He gently put a finger on her chin and made her look at him.

"I love it when you stare. So, feel free to do it," he voiced his opinion smugly.

Diya blushed and said, "I... I was not staring. I was only reflecting on all the twists that my life showed me." She paused and then continued, "And, obviously my eventful life began after I caught JungGuk-shi's eyes and was brought to the palace."

Although, King V felt a little bit of agitation when Diya took JungGuk's name with a certain warmth but he chose to ignore it. He knew that he should be grateful to JungGuk for bringing Diya to the palace. If not for him, V might have never met this wonderful woman. He would be forever grateful to JungGuk. However, V could not control his slight jealousy.

"Are you saying if not for JungGuk we would have never met?" V sounded a bit hurt.

Diya felt the slight accusing tone and the lingering pain V's voice. She quickly added, "No TaeHyung, I did not mean it that way. But you have to agree that realistically this was impossible. You are the king and I'm just an ordinary girl who had no access to the royal palace. Never in my life had I thought I'll meet the king. Still here am I, beside you, and this is like a dream. This would not have happened if not for JungGuk-shi."

TaeHyung remained silent after that. Diya had logic in her words so, the almighty king could not protest.

Lady Hyuna was supervising all the preparations and attending some of the important guests on behalf of the king. Many of them knew her as the head of the royal concubines. They were respectful towards Hyuna because everyone considered her as the future queen. People who did not stay at the palace had no idea how the air was flowing in a different direction right now. It was not much of a known fact that Hyuna was losing the king's favour.

Hyuna on the other hand, was determined to win V back. She had everything planned out for the night. Hyuna had bribed one of the men who was serving drinks and added aphrodisiac to two cocktail glasses. She knew that cocktail is a favourite of JungGuk. She needed the royal knight drunk as well as burning with a fiery passion to make her plans work.

Accordingly, the waiter placed only those two drugged glasses and walked where JungGuk was talking with Jimin. Hyuna had instructed to approach JungGuk when he would be with anyone but Min YoonGi since YoonGi shared a similar taste in cocktail and he might end up drinking the other glass. Also, it was necessary to put two glasses on display for JungGuk to choose from so that no suspicion could arise later. Hyuna and her father had thought of every aspect.