Forgiveness

A few breathless moments spent in the embrace of King V took a toll on Diya that entire day. She found herself getting restless and unable to concentrate on any activity. Her heart was clogged with confusions and dilemma. On one hand, Diya was loathing V with a passion and on the other hand she was desiring him with as much passion.

During lunch, Rini came to visit Diya. Diya was delighted to see her only friend in the palace. Rini hugged her affectionately.

"How are you, dear?" asked Rini after they separated.

"I'm much better today," replied Diya in a sincere voice. Rini let out a relieved sigh hearing that.

"But, I wanted to talk to you about something, eonnie," Diya said looking flustered and hesitant.

Rini smiled softly and said, "Feel free to speak."

Diya took a few deep breaths and tried to compose herself but her heart was beating erratically. Rini however, could feel Diya's nerves and encouraged her to speak.

"Please Diya, speak up. I told you the first time we met that you can talk to me about anything."

Diya nodded and finally began to tell about her encounter with King V in the morning. She did not leave out any detail and even showed Rini the love bite placed on the joint of her neck and shoulder by V. Although, her cheeks turned to a permanent shade of red while she was narrating the incident but Diya still finished her story.

Suddenly all her coyness rushed back at her and Diya could not even lift her eyes and meet Rini's amused gaze. Rini smirked watching Diya's blushing face and lifted her chin up to make Diya look at her.

"Are you saying that despite all the hatred you have for V, you still like him?" Rini questioned in a teasing tone.

"I don't like him," retorted Diya.

"Yeah yeah sure, darling! You do like V but in a twisted way," stated Rini.

Diya blinked twice and asked, "What do you mean by twisted?"

Rini chuckled and said, "Twisted in the sense, you do hate V but you are obviously attracted to him. So, somewhere in your heart you are fond of V."

"Am I?" Diya sounded rhetorical.

"I'm quite sure you are," Rini sent a wink at Diya.

Rini's words kept making an echo in Diya's mind as it made her question again and again whether she actually liked King V. Apparently, she despised the king who forced himself on her. However, it would be wrong to say that she did not feel attracted to the king.

Diya was submerged into her thoughts when the door of her room was opened calling for her attention as well as Rini's. Both of them looked up to find Lady Hyuna in her full glory standing at the door. Diya got up from her seat and greeted her with a polite bow, which Lady Hyuna acknowledged with a nod, clearly showing off her superiority.

Then, Lady Hyuna's gaze shifted to Rini who was only standing beside Diya with a casual posture with an unreadable expression.

"We meet after a long time, Lady Min. Aren't you going to greet me?" asked Lady Hyuna in an arrogant tone.

"Well, you came in unannounced and never greeted me so, why should I return you the favour?" Rini's voice was calm but in no way less threatening.

Hyuna let out a laughter of disbelief as if she could not tolerate the disrespect shown to her by Rini. "Are you forgetting that I'm the future queen, Lady Min?"