Together, we slowly approach the figure, never losing eye contact as we go, but as we get closer, the hybrid lets out a lower, longer growl, more menacing than the one before, making us stop in our tracks.

The tension in the air is suffocating, no one wanting to move a muscle, that is until there is a deep growl next to me and I'm surprised to see Taehyung standing protectively in front of us, growling back at the other hybrid.

"T-Tae?" I call out but it comes out as a mere whisper. Behind us, someone tugs our sleeves and Jungkook slightly pulls us to the back.

"Let Taehyung handle this one." He says in a soft voice.

The staring and growling continues, until the other hybrid eventually grows quiet and looks away.

"Can we talk now?" Taehyung says and the hybrid slowly nods.

Taehyung walks closer to him, taking a seat next to him on the ground. "When did you get out?"

"A few days ago." The hybrid replies. "But I got caught in the storm."

Taehyung nods and looks at us. "Can we take him with us?"

His sudden request is unexpected, but Namjoon and I immediately nod without hesitation.

"I'm not going with any humans." The hybrids growls getting into a defensive stance.

"They are not 'any humans'." Taehyung says softly. "They are the ones that rescued my brother and I when we got lost."

"You trust them?" The hybrid asks and Taehyung nods enthusiastically.

"They've taken good care of my brother and I, and besides, we know a place where you'll be safer than out on the streets."

The hybrid thinks about for a while, his ears moving as I speak up.

"Please come with us. We just want to help you." I say, but instead of looking at me, the hybrid turns to look at Taehyung, almost as if asking for his opinion, to which Taehyung responds with a nod.

"Alright." The hybrid agrees. "But I'm not responsible for defending myself if I feel threatened."

"Deal." Namjoon says.

The boys quietly make their way back to the car while we go and talk to the lady, explaining that there seemed to be a wild animal that got trapped inside her barn due to the storm.

"That's a relief." The lady says. "I live by myself and I was scared that someone had broken in."

"Does that usually happen around this area?"

"Sometimes I hear strange things in the forest," the lady says, "but I'm too scared to check it out."

Something about her statement gives me a weird feeling. Namjoon must have sensed it too because with a bow, he bids goodbye.

"Thank you ma'am." Namjoon says bowing once more, the lady sweetly smiling  at him as she waves at us.

"We have to come back." I whisper and Namjoon nods his head glancing back.

"Definitely."

                                                                     ***