Fighter (Calum Hood Fluff)

Start from the beginning

"So, you only train for fun or you have matches and stuff?" Calum asks me as I walk out of his shower while he brushes his teeth before bed. 
"Mainly for fun. But I have a couple of friendly matches as well. Like once every 4 months or something." I reply, leaning against the marble top counter. 
"So, you've had like 3 matches or so while we are together." He points out. 
"Yeah, I guess." I shrug my shoulders, grabbing my toothbrush. 
"How come you didn't invite me to any of those?"
"You were touring, baby. You are invited to all my matches from now on if you want to come." 
"I will be there. Banners and all. Even though I will probably freak out at every hit you take." He says before he rinses his mouth. 
"Well then, I guess I will have to throw more hits than I take." I state and he hums, shaking his head. 
"Have you ever had like, a serious injury?" Cal asks me, worry written on his face. 
"No, because I mainly do it for working out. Just a couple of bruises." I reply, cupping his jaw before I pull his face close for a kiss.

The day of a mock match came sooner than expected; I seriously don't feel anxious at all, but I can't say the same for my boyfriend. As the days passed, he became agitated, and I am pretty sure he had a nightmare once. 
It is cute how he is so worried about my wellbeing, but he is pulling it off proposition, to the point where I restrain from talking about it in front of him. 

As he promised, he is in the crowd, along with Ashton, who at this point I think has become his emotional support buddy for the game. 
Of course, he is not the only person in the crowd; people are sitting on the bleachers, cheering while their people are on the ring. 
"You feel ready?" My coach asks me. 
"Honestly? No." I reply, shaking my head and earning a weird look from her. 
"How come? You are always ready for the ring." She asks, her eyebrows almost touching together. 
"My boyfriend is in the crowd and he is tensed, so I am tensed." I reply, pointing to where Calum is sitting, crouched down while Ashton is rumbling something to him. 
"You've been on the ring so many times, and you've only gotten a couple of superficial bruises. This is a mock fight, you are here just for practice and nothing more. Honestly, you are more in danger during our workouts rather than in here. So, calm down and have fun." She explains, trying to make me feel calmer, but as my eyes are fixated on Calum and how worried he looks, my stomach tightens more. 
"I know, but he doesn't. And I am worried about him." I sigh, taking my eyes off him. 
"Want me to go talk to him?" She offers but I instantly shake my head. 
"Nooo... He is going to worry more then. He is going to worry about me leaving for workouts." I chuckle awkwardly, brushing it off.
"Ok then. Calm down cause you are next and if you are not concentrated, you will be more prone to getting hurt." She explains, pointing to the ring where the fight is about to finish at any moment. I stand up, fixing my posture, and taking a breath to calm my jitters. 
"I am ready and I am going to be there. Everything will be fine." I breathe out, stretching my neck from side to side. 

I hiss as the medic presses the gauge against my lip. The only time Calum is at one of my matches and I got a bust lip. 
"It doesn't look like you'll need stitches. It is not deep, so you were lucky." The guy says, looking at the little wound. 
"You are not dizzy, are you?" He asks, and I shake my head no. 
"I am fine." I reply, now moving my lips more easily. 
"Great. I will need you to clean the wound 2 times a day for the next 3 days. And I think you will be fine." He smiles at me and I nod, getting off the little bench. 
"Thank you." I cheer before I walk off the medics' rooms. 

Heading back to the backstage room, I am almost certain that Calum will be waiting for me, totally freaked out by the situation of my lips. 
"You were badass." Calum cheers, pulling me into his arms as I enter the room. 
"Thank you..." I am beyond confused, definitely not the reaction I was expecting. 
"You are ok, right?" He asks, pulling away to take a look at me. 
"Yeah, if you excuse the lip." I reply, smiling as I watch him being out of his panicked state. 
"Will you need stitches for that?" He asks, running his thumb over my cheek. 
"No... The medic said it is superficial." I reply. 
"Thank God. You really looked badass. I never thought I would be so into the idea of my girlfriend being a boxer." He states, pressing his lips on my forehead. 
"See? I told you that you would get used to it." I reply, giggling.
"Do you think that your trainer would give us a couple's training?" 
"I don't know. I mean, you are taller and buffer than me, so it might be an issue, but she can give us a stuntman class." I reply, gripping onto his t-shirt as he pulls me closer. 
"I would like that. A lot actually. Because watching you on that ring made me feel things..." He whispers, holding me to his chest. 
"Really? Well, maybe I could exploit those things you are feeling." I reply, purring as I rest my head on his chest. 
"Maybe you should." 
"Guys, I hate being the third wheel... Please, this is uncomfortable..." Ashton cries, making Calum and I part from each other giggling.