Fighter (Calum Hood Fluff)

Summary: Calum finds out his girlfriend is boxing.
(Request: gracie-joy) (Words: 2.1k)
--

I sit on the edge of my bathtub, waiting for my skin to dry after my shower. I feel a little worn, tired from the training, but at any moment, Calum will knock on my door, ready for our date night. 
I smile at the thought of cuddling up next to him on the couch; after the hell of a week I've lived, he is the only thing I need. 
I rub some lotion over the freshly formed bruise on my arm, an acquirement from today's mock fight. I am used to them by now, I've become unbothered by the purple marks on my body, but one of the things I wish for is to keep my 'feminity' while training. 

I have barely slipped in my sweats and tee the moment the doorbell goes off. I grin brightly, knowing that behind that door there is the most handsome man I've laid my eyes on, waiting for me with a box of pizza in his hands.  
"Hi..." I sing, opening the door for him. He looks as tired as I do, but the smile on his face spreads as his eyes land on me. 
"Hi, baby." He leans down to leave a kiss on my lips before he walks into my flat. 
"What kind of pizza did you bring?" I ask, clapping my hands excitedly. 
"I am glad to see you too... Oh my God, I've missed you so much..." He mocks me, making me roll my eyes as I snatch the box away from him. 
"Yeah, yeah... I've missed you too... But I am starving, baby. I haven't eaten in hours." I pout at him, opening the lid to find out the triple cheese pizza we both adore. 
"I doubt you've eaten anything today. You look exhausted..." He comments, moving behind me to hug me by my waist. 
"I've eaten. I just got back from training so I am starving." I reply, leaning my head back on his shoulder. 
"Well, let's get eating..." He whispers, picking me up to take me to the couch. 
"You know I can walk, right?" I ask as he lets me down on the couch. He sits next to me, placing my feet on his lap.
"I know. I just like picking you up." He replies, picking up the remote control. 
"Will you stay the night?" I ask, moving up to curl against him. 
"I really want to. But I have a meeting tomorrow morning and I have to be there early." He sighs, making me pout my bottom lip. 
"I really wanted to spend a bit more time with you." I murmur and he chuckles.
"You can come and spend the night tomorrow at my place. Maybe spend the whole weekend if you'd like..." He suggests, smiling comfortingly at me. I mimic his smile, leaning my head on his chest. 
"Yeah, that sounds good. I will get to hang out with Duke as well." I say happily, making him hum. 
"So, I'll pick you up from work and we can get home together." He states. 
"Not from work. I have a training session tomorrow. Can you pick me up from the gym?" I ask him, opening the pizza box. 
"Sure. You have training again tomorrow?" He asks me, picking up a slice as the episode starts. 
"Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays are for training, baby." I giggle, taking a slice for myself. 
"I see. Well, you can send me the address and I'll be there at..."
"7:20." I chime in, leaving a kiss on his cheek. 

My trainer holds the punching bag as I do reps of the arm exercise she gave me. 
"Good posture... Exhale at impact... Just a little more." She instructs me, keeping the punching bag straight as I punch it.
"My wrists are kinda burning." I state, feeling that the tension of the day is finally getting to me. 
"Just 10 more. Can you do 10 more?" She asks me and I nod, going back to punching. 
By the time I am done, my legs are sore and my arms are burning, but I feel a rush a pleasure in my body.  
"You were great today. Rest and I'll see you on Tuesday." She says, giving me a fist bump. 
"Thanks. See you on Tuesday." I wave her off, bringing the glove to my mouth to untie it. 
"You are boxing? The training you are doing is box training?" I hear Calum's voice coming from behind me. I turn around, finding my boyfriend looking at me surprised as I bite onto the velcro's end. 
"Well, hello to you too, babe." I giggle, walking to him.
"Hi..." He looks at me mesmerized, jaw hitting the floor. 
"Wanna help me with the gloves?" I extend my hand at him, which he takes without stopping looking at me surprised. 
"Are you intimidated?" I ask as he removes the first glove, freeing my hand. 
"Why would I be? My teeny tiny cutie girlfriend is apparently lethal..." He moves his head nervously. 
"I am not lethal. I just can defend myself if needed." I reply and he chuckles. 
"That wasn't intimidating at all..." He mumbles, freeing my other hand as well. I rub my wrist, trying to soothe it, as I think of something to say to make him feel less awkward. 
"You know that I am still your itty bitty teeny tiny cutie girlfriend. Who just works out by boxing, right?" 
"You look badass punching things and I guess it caught me off guard a bit. Why didn't you tell me sooner? All this time when you were telling me that you are training, I thought it was like cardio or weights and stuff... I could never picture you Rocky Balboa style." He giggles, putting his arms around my waist. 
"I think you are overstretching this a bit. But yeah, I've been told that it's hard picturing me boxing. I guess I didn't tell you because you would kinda freak out a bit... I mean, everyone does in the beginning. And I didn't want to put you through that." I explain, bringing my hands to rest on his chest. 
"I am not going to lie, I am a tad bit freaked out, only because I am scared you will get hurt. But, I've been with you for almost a year, and I haven't seen you injured or hurt in any way, so I will have to live with the fact that my girlfriend is fucking badass." He leaves a peck on my forehead, making me smile. 
"Well, even if I wasn't boxing, you would have to still live with the fact that your girlfriend is a badass. I'll go change now." I lean in for a quick peck before I pick up my stuff and walk to the locker room.