Sweat pea

Prompt: “Go put a dollar in the douchebag jar

Prompt: “Go put a dollar in the douchebag jar.”

“What did you do today?” You asked, slumping into the couch in Sweet Pea’s trailer as you flung your legs over your boyfriend’s lap.

He looked at you briefly before shrugging non-committally.

“Nothing. School stuff. Serpent stuff.” He answered vaguely. You rolled your eyes and scootched closer to the taller of you two, arms flung around his shoulders as you looked at him. Or more, the side of his head. His eyes were fixed on his phone.

“What did you do?” You asked, more suspicious than conversational.

“You wouldn’t approve.” He gave a little smirk - the one he usually had whilst teasing you.

You rolled your eyes. Being from the north side and dating a serpent was difficult sometimes. Not only did your friends not approve, you also had to put up with Sweets (and a lot of the other serpents) thinking you were too soft to handle their badass and sometimes illegal ways.

“No,” you got up and snatched his phone as you went. He got up to steal it back. Stuffing it down the back of your jeans, you crossed your arms.

“You think that’ll stop me?” He asked, smirk still present.

“Tell me what happened or you’re not getting it back.” You answered, staring him down, one eyebrow raised.

“I…” He paused, an expression of guilt on his dark features. “Might have ended up in a fight with Archie and his dark circle guys.”

“Sweets!” He braced himself for your further telling off. “How?” You said instead.

“The arrogant football one made a comment I didn’t like and Fangs and the guys happened to be around. We were bored and figured we’d put him right.” You huffed, fondly but annoyed nonetheless.

“I love you, you total idiot.” You smiled. “Now go put a dollar in the douchebag jar.” Pointing to the Jughead created and Toni labelled ‘Douchebag Jar’, you looked at him with both eyebrows raised. It sat on the trailer’s kitchen counter and was half full, admittedly the majority of that coming from your boyfriend.

You would feel bad if he didn’t deserve it.

He sighed but fished a dollar out of his back pocket and walked over. The way he threw the note into the jar could only be described as moody.

Walking back over to you, he wrapped his arms around your waist from behind.

“I love you.” He tried. With a knowing expression on your face, you nodded.

“I know. And I love you too. But you’re still an idiot.” You smiled sweetly and he lent his chin on your shoulder, almost audibly pouting it was so obvious.

“The comment was about you.” He told you eventually, hugging you tighter when you stiffened suddenly at his admission.

You occasionally got comments due to your affiliation with the serpents but regularly you wouldn’t let them affect you. But Reggie was a person you used to be best friends with. He knew things about you you didn’t want spilled.

“What did he say?” You weren’t sure you wanted to know. Sweet Pea’s hands began stroking your sides comfortingly. You felt surrounded and safe. Leaning back into him further, you repeated your request.

“He called you a serpent slut. Said you were probably gagging for it so much that we passed you around till you passed out.” Your worry turned to anger and hatred.

“Take your dollar out of the damn jar.” You said, tone hard and face like stone. He frowned, confused, but did so.

Your teeth ground as you bent and picked a bat off of the wall, wieghing it in your hands. Solid and hefty enough, you decided.

“We’re gonna get his car.” You told your boyfriend, watching as his face went from one of confusion to one of joy - almost evil joy with the smirk that returned. “We’re gonna smash his windows in.”

Sweets nodded, grinning as he double checked his pocket knife was where he always kept it in his jacket.

“You with me?” You asked, not really giving him a choice in all honesty.

“Sounds like a plan.”

Together, you exited the trailer, headed for sweet, joyous revenge.