Archie

You had known Jughead Jones since you were a child

You had known Jughead Jones since you were a child. You two had been inseparable through childhood and had stayed friends through school even though his dad was the king of the serpents and you were pretty content on not joining a gang or going to jail any time soon. When high school rolled around you made friends with one of Jugheads, the first of his kind to you. You honestly didn't realize Jughead had any friends other than you, which was weird in itself, but very normal for your best friend.

When you met Archie Andrews everything fell into place though. This guy was nicer than you had expected, a football player, a jock who has some weird friendship with the oddball out in school. It didn't surprise you for some reason.

You and Archie became fast friends and you were introduced to Betty Cooper and then Veronica Lodge and you saw that Jughead had his own little group of friends and you had no idea. He told you it was all pretty new, that Veronica had just moved here and everything and then he wasn't sure if he was going to last with them. You saw how much he was starting to like that girl Betty and knew he was gonna stick around so you tried to make friends with the other three.

You found yourself with Archie most often when you weren't with Jug. You weren't sure how that happened but you really liked him, maybe more than a friend.

"You wanna share one?" Archie asked as he went to order at the counter at Pops. You had came alone, not on purpose, but Betty and Jughead had cancelled last minute and you didn't see any reason in leaving now.

"Sure grab a chocolate one Andrews," you told him and he nodded, going to order a milkshake. You waited in the spot and went on your phone to see Jughead had called again. You called him back and he answered on the first ring.

"Hey! How's it going with Archie?" It was Betty. You figured they were together but didn't know they were plotting. You blamed Jughead.

"Where are you guys?" you asked, watching Archie order at the front.

"We're hanging out, doing an investagation. We're busy but we needed to check in on you guys," she said. You smiled. You were happy Jughead had found someone on the same wavelength as him and from the looks of it, he thought Archie was the same as you. At least Betty did and because she was using his phone you made an inferance.

"We're fine Arch is getting us a milkshake but its gonna be boring without you guys," you said. Archie started walking back and set some fries and the drink between you, gesturing to the phone. You mouthed 'Jug' and he nodded, dipping a fry into the drink. You swatted his hand away to take a drink and he rolled his eyes, biting down on the food.

"I'm sure you'll have plenty to talk about," Betty said.

"Or plenty to just sit and do in silence!" you heard Jughead say in the background. You rolled your eyes and ate a fry. Archie was eyeing you and your facial expressions, catching the blush on your face.

"Jughead shut up. Oh look here comes Archie I've gotta go see ya bye bye," you called, shutting off the phone and throwing it across the counter. Archie raised an eyebrow.

"Everything okay over there?" he asked, eating some more. You nodded, drinking some of the milkshake.

"Just Jughead being Jughead," you admitted. You didn't bring up Betty in case they didn't want Archie to know. He nodded, suddenly sorta down. "You good?" you asked. He nodded.

"Of course," he said. You sighed and threw a fry at him.

"Andrews what is it?" you asked him again. He sighed and picked up the fry.

"What a waste Y/N," he said before eating it. "You and Jug are really close aren't you?" he asked. You nodded.

'We've known each other for years yeah," you admitted, eyeing him. He looked out the window.

"This is gonna sound really weird but do you maybe wanna go out on a date with me?" he asked. You looked around at the lack of friends around you and laughed.

"Archie I think we're on a default date," you told him and he looked at you hard.

"Wait really?" you asked. You nodded.

"I think we've just decided that you like me yeah? I like you. I'm friends with Jughead and your friends with Betty. You got it hot stuff?"

He looked taken aback for a moment and you waited, thinking maybe you had gotten a surge of confidence and should have taken it down a notch.

"Sure. Sure yeah I like that whole thing you just said," he said like he hadn't thought a word through but he knew for a second he was ready to just take whatever you had said. You liked him!

"Good. I'm glad we're on the same page, can we eat our fries now or what?" you asked and Archie was smiling because he had no idea how he had done it but he got you and that was close enough for the both of you.