(12)

(12)

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

<Everly's Point Of View>

Although it took me five months to realize, I knew I was wrong. The day that Vincenio left my life, I knew that I made the worst mistake in my life. I wasn't happy after he left, and never thought I would ever be, until about four months ago. I was convinced that I hated him, but that hate only lasted about an hour. Now, now I realize that I love him. I was scared. I've loved before, only for it to rip to shreds. With my heart on the line, I thought it best to hold back from talking to Vincenio. Today was a different day. Today, I was to meet Vincenio at a resturant not to far from here, and I was excited. It gave me an excuse to dress up and show off my new assets.

"There's baby A," the obstetrician pointed at the screen as she dragged a wand across my growing stomach. "and there's baby B. A bit shy if you ask me," she giggled then continued to wave the wand over my abdomen. Vincenio should be here for this, I thought as my vision clouded with tears.

"As you know from now on and for the next ten weeks, the babies are going to be extremely active. Sleep may be deprived, and your urge to urinate may be strong. They can also hear your conversations. Talking to the babies may help them recognize your voice when they are born. Try reading or singing to them so that they get used to the sound of mom. Also, would you like to know the sex of them? I am positive that I can get an accurate reading this time around for they are in a convient position," the doctor said as her face scrunched up at the screen in focus.

I thought about it, and decided not to. After today, Vincenio will know about the babies, and since he didn't get to spend the first five months with them, I figured he be there when he found out the gender of them both. So I shook my head, and wiped the gel off of my stomach when she removed the wand. It was hard for me to sit up as my stomach was in the way. I never really realized how difficult it would be to get around until last week when I swelled up like a fucking balloon.

"Here is the prescription for your refill of prenatals, and I hope to see you within the next two weeks or so!" she exclaimed happily as I slid on my sandals. My feet were crazy swollen and my back ached most of the time. Nausea wasn't a factor anymore, but around certain foods it was. I smiled back at my doctor, and bid her goodbye.

Sliding into my car, I realized that it was becoming harder and harder for my belly to fit behind the wheel. It became a constant worry of mine that the air bag will randomly blow and my babies would be injuried. I needed someone reliable to drive me around. Especially since I didn't trust alot of people behind the wheel of a car.

After my ultrasound, I had to head to my other doctor to make sure that my tibia healed correctly. For the past couple of weeks, I had been in a brace. The doctor told me that if all goes well, this would be my last visit and everything would be back to normal....partially. My leg would never really function the same. I wouldn't be able to do some of the things I had done before, but the only thing that mattered was that it was still functional.

As I sat down in the waiting room, I glanced at all the others waiting along with me. My eyes stopped upon a male with mocha colored skin, and bright hazel eyes. Recognition shot across his face, as he made his way over to me.

"Everly?" The familiar voice rang in my ears. I had missed my friend no matter how much I denied the fact. Though our last encounter wasn't the best, I still had a soft spot in my heart for Terrance.

"Terrance," I said in surprise. I slowly picked myself up from my chair, smiling. "How nice it is to see you. How have you been?"

This time Terrance wasn't looking at me. His gaze as well as his hands met my protruding belly. "He knocked you up?" Terrance growled. I was surprised at his outburst, although I knew that he never liked Vincenio.