(18)

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

<<Vincenio's Point of View>>

"What is it son?" My father demanded of me as he saw my figure moving closer to himself and my brother.

"I need man gone," I replied as I fisted my fingers together. I didn't need to think about it for another second longer. Terrance existence needed to cease. Forever.

"Nice to see you again big brother," Nico greeted coldly as he made his presence known. Of course there was a smirk tracing his lips. He thought that him taking over the family business would get to me but it actually hadn't. I had a beautiful wife, and children on the way. My family was all I ever needed to be happy.

"Not now," I chided harshly as I geared up. My fingers glided across the assorted handguns, before picking my favorite up and loading the chamber.

"Ahh the revolver. A classic," his father commented. I needed my father to clean up my mess when the job was done. Why Nico was here was beyond me. He wasn't really of any use.

"I'm out," I called before I tucked the revolver in my suit jacket. The ring of my cell phone stopped me in my tracks. A furious growl escaped my lips, but I stopped and looked at the caller I.D. It was Everly. I picked up almost immediately.

"Hello bella," I answered smoothly.

"Where the fuck are you?!" She shouted into the phone. My heart dropped. She had never talked to me like that before. Something must've been wrong.

"What's wrong love?"

She laughed humorlessly. "You'd think that your husband would show at the hospital after twenty-four hours being the mastermind that he is, but nope. Another pointless man is more important than his wife and children," she snapped in a sarcastic tone.

I sighed heavily. My father was looking at me with concern. He didn't know that Everly was pregnant. Actually none of them knew. When she told me I was still reveling in the fact that she was here with me. I never got the chance to pick up a phone and tell anyone.

"I be there soon," I dismissed as I ended the call. I didn't want to hear her yell at me, and plus she shouldn't be stressed. She texted me the hospital she was staying and I quickly made me way out of the warehouse.

Little did I know, my father and Nico were speeding behind me.

--

"My wife is here," I said as I made my way to the receptionist. She smiled at me before asking what her name was. I gave it to her and she quickly showed me to her room.

When I got there, I noticed that there was a band across her stomach, and an I.V sticking from her arm. Her hair was in a messy bun, and she looked skinnier than she did the day before. Was she not eating? What happened.

Her eyes snapped to mine as she noticed that I was in the room. Her eyebrows scrunched in anger before her arms folded across her chest, resting on her huge belly.

"Where have you been?" She questioned, eyebrow raised. Her attitude was very cute, but I wouldn't let her know that.

"I'm sorry," was all I could say. I admit. I was wrong for putting someone else before my family. When I intended on going to the warehouse yesterday, I hadn't. I drove around to clear my thoughts and before I realized it, it was morning. My phone was off and by the time I turned it on I was at the warehouse with my brother and father.

"Are they okay?" I asked moving closer to her. My hand grazed her stomach, rubbing gently. She sighed heavily before reaching out to hug me. I accepted and squeezed lovingly. I planted a soft kiss to her lips before sliding a chair next to the bed.

"They're fine. Just a little distressed, however the doctor is worried about baby B. He ran some tests and she's a little...unique."

She? Unique? I'm going to have a little girl? My eyes clouded with tears as I kissed Everly's belly.

"We're having girls?" I questioned excited. He was prepared to scare off all the boys. They'd be daddy's girls for sure.

"No. We're having a boy and a girl." Everly answered just as excited.

"Yes!" I damn near shouted. I was so excited. A little boy and girl! They'd definitely be spoiled in the love department. We have to get everything together now. The nursery, clothing, toys, everything.

"But, our little girl has dwarfism," Everly said quickly.

"Dwarfism?" I asked scared. I heard it was harder for little people. The surgeries, the bullying, everything. I wouldn't mind that she was unique. Regardless, she's my little girl and I'd love her no matter what. I just knew that school would be harder for her, but she'd always have her brother so maybe that could be helpful.

Everly sighed. "Yes. I don't care what she has as long as she's one hundred percent healthy. She's my first little girl. We've just got to be there for her every step of the way for support. She's going to need it."

I nodded my head and kissed my fiancé's stomach once more. "I love you both. You're mi cuore."

Everly ran her fingers through my hair as she closed her eyes. She must've been tired. She had a long day. I should leave her to rest. With that in mind, I pecked her lips softly and caressed her cheek.

"I have business to handle bella, but I promise I be right back."

She mumbled something before she slipped into sleep. I got up and made my way back to the waiting room. The receptionist smiled at me.

"Can you keep eye on wife? I'll be back," I voiced and she nodded eagerly. I smiled lightly and headed for the hospital exit. What I didn't expect was to see my father and brother staring intently at me.