39 "I promise."

Magsimula sa umpisa

"That's why I'm going to let you choose for me." Nick adds smiling at Hunter as if hes doing him a huge favour or something.

Fucking delusional prick.

"What?" Hunter asks not understanding what he means.

Nick suddenly throws Tara forward with all his strength and she falls to the floor just in front of us, I scramble to pick her up with Devons help, her eyes soaked with tears and her whole body shakes as she swallows the sobs that are threatening to come out.

"You're going to choose who I shoot first." Nick tells him, Hunter scoffs at the idea.

"You're more fucked up than I realised if you think I'm going to let you hurt anyone I care about"

"But you dont have a choice Hunter, choose, now. Or i'll shoot your pretty little girlfriend in the head."

I gulp as Hunter shakes his head, taking a small, hesitant step toward Nick. There's still quite a bit space between them so hes no threat but I grab the back of his jacket in an attempt to pull him back.

He turns to me, his eyes pleading me to trust him, my heart feels like it's going to explode and bile rises in my throat.

He nods reassuringly at me and I stupidly let him go, I've never been religious but in that moment I find myself praying that Hunter will be okay.

"I'm not going to choose, Nick." Hunter says firmly.

I notice Nicks eyes flicker rapidly between us all before returning to Hunter. His eyes are empty, showing no emotion and giving nothing away.

I see small movement coming from round the side of the house, because of the angle, Nick cant see. It's Candice and Dean and my heart rate suddenly picks up ten fold. They could either rescue us, or add to the bloodshed, depending on how smart they are. Dean looks around, presumably looking for something to use as a weapon but the only thing he comes up with is an old, almost rotten broken branch. It's big and hefty, so could probably cause some damage but it's no gun.

Candice's eyes meet mine and I try desperately not to stare for too long in case Nick clicks on to the distraction. She holds up her phone and then gives me a thumbs up, signalling she's called the police and for the first time since this all started, I feel my body relax a little.

We just need to keep Nick occupied for as long as it takes for the police to arrive.

"Well that's unfortunate. Guess I'll start with you then." Nick says pointing the gun directly at Hunter.

I rush forward and grab Hunters arm. "Please Nick. Think about this." I plead hoping with everything I have that Nick takes pity on me and I can stall him for a little while. "Please" I say again my eyes watering at the thought of something happening to Hunter.

"Your stupid fucking boyfriend made his decision." Nick snaps angrily at me, the rage burning bright in his dead eyes.

Suddenly, all at once, everything happens.

The gun bangs loud almost deafening me, my ears ring as Hunter falls to the floor beside me, blood pouring rapidly from his stomach.

I go to his aid instantly, letting out a loud, blood curdling scream, Tara is beside me crying, begging for Hunter to respond.

Declyn and Devon tackle Nick to the floor and I hear a few more shots go off, I gaze up at them, noticing Declyn sprawled on the floor, writing in agony, blood seeping from his arm.

Dean and Candice appear from their hiding place and as Candice comes to join us huddled around Hunters limp and bleeding body, Dean rushes to help Devon fight Nick.