6

Mia

I put my head on my arms and sigh as I look outside of the café. I'm kind of waiting for someone to appear. It's been almost a week since that night, and he has never come back.

Did I do something wrong?

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't realize there was someone standing in front of the counter, waiting, until he cleared his throat. I quickly look at his direction and I blush when the guy smiles at me.

"I am so sorry, I didn't notice you, standing there sir. Um .. May I help you?" I stand up straight and ready to take his order.

"It's okay.. I would like a breakfast set and black coffee.." He hands out his black card and I slowly grab it.

"Right away Sir, everything is.."

"Alexander.."

I pause and look at him questioningly,

"I'm sorry, Si.."

"Alexander or Alex, not sir."

"Oh, okay.. Um..Here you go Mr Alexander, your breakfast will be delivered in a moment. You can take a seat on any available seat." I look away as I talk and give his card back.

Our fingers touch each other when he takes the card away and I feel the awkwardness in the air. He nods as he smiles softly and goes towards the table next to the window, taking a seat facing my direction. I take a glance at him and he smiles when our eyes find each other, I nod and walk inside the kitchen to prepare the order.

Weird one..

-----

I am wary of the Alexander guy, why? Because everything that I do or go to, his eyes follow me. This creeps me out and I make small glances at him while I rearrange the books on the shelf, in case he tries to get close to me, I can prepare for self defense.

"Boo!" I yelp and jump at that sound as I fall down. I turn around to see both Ayden and Ayla's shocked faces as they look at me with their big eyes.

"Babies!" I rub my chest to make it calm as I sigh.

"Sorry Mommy.." Both of them say in unison as they make a guilty face.

"It's okay, Mommy is okay, just next time don't scare Mommy like that, okay?" I touch their faces each as I see tears welling up.

"Everything's okay?"

My head snaps to Mr Alexander who is now standing in front of me, he looks at me, Ayden and Ayla simultaneously.

"Yes, everything is okay. Don't worry Mr Alexander."

He turns to me after he looks at my babies attentively. I am trying to stand up when he holds out his left hand to me. I look at him in the eye but he just smiles softly and shrugs. Hesitantly I accept his hand and when my hands reach his hands, he firmly holds it and slowly helps me stand up. I stumble a bit and his other hand shoots out touching my other arms to steady me.

I look up and see his hazel orbs, staring straight at my blue orbs. I clear my throat and step as I straighten my cardigan and dust off any unseen dust on my lower body.

He's still looking at me, but this time as if he wants to say something but I cut him off.

"Thank you." I turn around to face Ayden and Ayla, "Now, now it's almost lunchtime, what do you guys want to eat?"

Both of them said at the same time, "Pizza!"

I shush them while looking around afraid that it might disturb other customers.

"Okay, now go and wait in your playroom while Mommy makes it. Just behave okay."

Both of them nod and walk back to their playroom. I stand up and smile before turning around and get startled when Mr Alexander is still standing there looking at me. I gulp down air and walk to the back using another way to the kitchen.

"When did you get married?"

I stop in my tracks and turn around to face him, "Excuse me?"

He walks closer to me, with confusion written all over his face.

"Are you married? But when?"

"It's not any of your concern, Mr Alexander. If you don't mind, i'll have to get back to.."

"You don't remember me do you?"

I look back at his face and I try to recall any guy that goes by the name Alexander in my whole life, but none is in my memory.

"I'm sorry, you must've got the wrong person."

"Mia Evelyn.."

I stop in my tracks again. I didn't answer him nor turn back facing him.

"No, I don't think I got the wrong person."

He walks and stands in front of me, making me look at his face again. I try hard to remember who he is, and how he knows my name.

"You still don't believe me? Should I tell you your parent's name now?"

"Who are you?"

"I don't think I changed a lot, but I guess I'm wrong if you didn't even remember me."

He chuckles when he sees that I was staring at his face trying hard to recognize him. I narrow down the list of men that know my name and my parents name. I gasp when I remember this one boy who knows a lot about me and that is when I was still in the orphanage.

"Ace?"

He smiles widely when I say his name and he pulls me in for a tight hug.

"I knew you would remember me!"

I push him back and study his face for any resemblance to the fat boy that I used to know. Who was trying hard to look charming in front of me although he was bullied at school. In the end, I accompanied him to school and went back with him although I had a different schedule. He got adopted after living in the orphanage for almost 2 years and since then I have never seen him.

"But, isn't your name Ace? You changed it to Alexander?"

"Nope, my foster parents decided to make it my middle name, so my name now is Alexander Ace Kent."

"Wow, that's great! I'm happy to see you." I smile widely at him and he slowly hugs me again.

"Me too, Mia. I missed you so much."

I flinch at his words but push it aside as I hug him back, "I missed you to A.K"

I sense his body twitches when I call him by our nickname but then he leans in and hugs me tighter.

-----