5

Ryan

I woke up on the right side of the bed today. I feel at peace, happy and content as I sit on the bed while looking outside the window and I see the sun rise beautifully. I look at the clock on my table and it shows 7.20 am.

I woke up early today. What are the odds ..

I get off the bed and walk to the bathroom to wash up before I have my morning exercise. I put on my Nike sleeveless training shirt with the bottom short and running shoes. I put on my wireless beats and take off to run in the neighborhood park.

After almost an hour of running, I go back home and take a cold bath before I prepare to go to work. Deciding to suit up in my blue black suit since there's a meeting at 10 with all of the head of departments.

I walk down from the penthouse and head towards my 2018 Ford Mustang. I put on my AirPods and dial Nathan, my secretary for 3 years. He knows almost everything about me, and I can't even keep a secret from him.

"Nathan, I need a summary for today's schedule."

I kept on listening to Nathan while driving, but my mind flew away to some place, the café to be exact. I can't take Mia and the twins out of my head, I don't even know what they did to me.

"Sir, are you there?"

Nathan calls, making me snap back to reality.

"Yes, yes I am. I'm sorry, but I might need you to remind me again later."

"Sure Sir, I'll meet you at the entrance in a few minutes."

"Alright Nathan."

I cut off the line and drive towards the entrance of the Harrison's main building. I get out of the car and give the key to James as he's waiting for me with Nathan. I slowly walk into the building and my staff greet me while I reply back and smile at them.

My father always quote 'A good leader walks together and guides its people' and he also said that to be more successful I need to treat my staff with kindness, because karma is real and hard work will pay off'.

I walk towards the meeting room since I've only got 30 minutes left before it starts. Nathan comes back with a coffee for me, I take a sip and in an instant my mind goes back to the day I first met Mia. I facepalm myself and that makes Nathan jump in surprise.

"Are you okay, sir? Are you sick? Is it a headache?"

I brush Nathan's question off as I shake my head not answering him. I saw from the corner of my eye that Nathan is worrying about my well being. I see the door of the meeting room open and a lot of people enter as I give them a smile. My eyes turn serious and my smile dropsa as the clock strikes 10 o'çlock and the meeting starts.

-----

I gave my full attention to the meeting and just a second after it ended, my attention was back to Mia.

"Oh God!"

I groan in frustration and all the feet in the meeting room stop and their eyes fall upon me. I rake my hair to the back roughly as I look up and I see lots of pairs of eyes staring right at me.

"Sorry for that, you may continue your work now, ladies and gentlemen." I clear my throat to project my business tone and they all nod before walking out of the room.

As soon as every single person is out of the door, I throw myself to the back of the chair and sigh. I see someone from the corner of my eyes and Nathan is looking at me, curiously.

Oh shit! I forgot about him.

"What's wrong, sir? Is there something bothering you? Would I be able to help you with it?"

I look at Nathan and shake my head, "Nothing to worry about, it's personal actually."

"You know I can help you with that too." Nathan looks at me with hope and just laugh as I stand up and walk out of the room with him following behind me.

Walking inside my office, Nathan still following me, I sit on my chair, I look up and he's there, in front of me, looking at me with that eye again.

"You're not going to let it go, are you?"

Nathan shakes his head and I sigh as I straighten my posture.

"I met a girl."

Nathan is listening without giving any reaction.

"About a week ago, after the meeting with..."

"The day that you went strolling around Central Park." Nathan continues and I nod, although it's quite surprising that he knew.

Well, he knew almost everything about me.

"She's a mother of two. Twins, a boy and a girl."

"And you're smitten.."

"Yeah.. what? No! I was just, urmm.. I can't get them out of my head."

"That's what we called smitten sir."

"Cut the crap, I don't even know her."

"Should I investigate?"

"No! Why would you? She's not harmful."

Nathan rolls his eyes and I shake my head. I plop my head on my hand that I rested on the table.

"I keep on wanting to meet them. A few days before I went back there and she's sick. I took care of her twins until night and then when she woke up, she panicked when she didn't see her babies. I felt like hugging her at that time, but I controlled my urge and later when she calmed down we had dinner. She thanked me and wanted to repay me for taking care of her babies, I asked for a chance to get to know her and the twins."

"And? She said?" Nathan is waiting for my new word.

"She said yes."

Nathan claps his hand and I jump in surprise, "Good then! So what are you waiting for?"

I rubbed my face roughly and sigh, "I don't know what to do next. I mean, the next step."

Nathan laughs, "Just keep on seeing her and slowly get to know each other. That's the next step, and after that everything will fall into place."

"You think so?"

"I know so."

I nodded, "Thanks Nathan, for listening to this ridiculous thing."

"I'm happy to be able to help you and if there's anything you can just ring me or text sir. I'll come to your rescue."

This time I laugh loudly and then nod. Nathan is out of the door as he excuses himself to prepare for my next meeting in a few hours. I keep on thinking about what Nathan had said and smile softly as I look at the view outside my gigantic office window.

-----