4

I wake up, slightly feeling a bit unwell. The twins are still sleeping next to me, they have their own room, but they usually decide to sleep with me. I stand up silently to go wash up, then walk to the kitchen to prepare sandwiches for the twins as breakfast.

"Mommy?" I look up and see Ayla standing in front of my bedroom while rubbing her eyelids.

"Good morning baby." I walk up to her and kiss her cheek, my routine every morning and she will hug me.

I peek inside of the room and see Ayden is now sitting on the bed. I carry Ayla in my arms and put her on the bed as I go to kiss Ayden's cheek.

"Mommy made breakfast already, how about we wash up, eat breakfast and then we can go for a book adventure?" I move my eyebrow up and down a few times and both of them smile widely.

Both of them nod and walk towards the bathroom while I go to the closet and pick their outfit for the day. I take out a white lace dress for Ayla and a white t-shirt with black shorts for Ayden then lay them on the bed.

Walking to the bathroom I put some soap in the bathtub, to make bubbles for them, then help them bathe as usual before I get ready myself. Today I decided to just wear my white shirt along with black skinny jeans and white sneakers with golden stripes.

I put on the twin's necessities as they are eating their breakfast with their hot milk. I switch off all the plugs in the house and clean all dirty plates before closing all the doors in the house, then put the twin's shoes in front of the door and go take my breakfast to go.

"Ready?" I ask the twins as they finish putting on their shoes.

"Ready!" Both of them yell excitedly.

I lock the door and hold each of their hands in mine as we walk away from the complex. I put their jackets on them before we walked out of the complex, as the weather got a bit cold now, since it's May.

We walk to the train station to get to our destination, Kinokuniya New York. I don't usually go here, but since I'm not feeling very well, I decided to just take a nearby store for the book venture and at the same time let the twins take a stroll away from the apartment or the café.

"Mommy are you okay?" Ayden shakes my hand that he holds and I nod slowly.

Ayla hugged me, "Should we go home?"

"No, Mommy will be okay, do not worry. Enjoy your outing okay?"

They both reluctantly nod. I'm glad that the twins are raised to be considerate and kind to others. They never give me any hardship or worries, I believe that they took those traits from Willow, she was always considerate and kind. Nevertheless, I love them with all my heart.

As soon as we arrive there, I let the kids wander around the kids area while following them slowly. I also decide to buy some new books for them and at the same time renew the books in the café.

It's been almost two hours since we've been in the store and after a while I buy the books that have been picked. We go back straight to the café, so that I can put them there. I turn the sign to 'close' and just turn a few lights on for us to see inside the café. My eyes are heavy now that we're in our trustable confined place.

"Hey babies, Mommy wants to take a nap just for a few minutes. Can you guys be good and not wander around or even get out of here without Mommy's permission?"

Ayden and Ayla nod and I smile softly, "Wake Mommy up when this alarm rings, okay?"

They both nod again and I am quick to sleep as I lean on the table next to the window. I just can't keep my eyes open anymore.

-----

I open my eyes and I find that the sun has set. I shoot up from the seat, thus making my knee hit the table. I wince from the pain as I look around for my babies.

"Ayla? Ayden?" I yell, but they are not responding.

I limp as my leg is not fully awake since I've been sleeping in a seating position for hours. I walk around the cafe but both are still nowhere to be seen. My eyes start welling up and I quickly walk to the front door as I cry.

I jump in surprise when Ryan walks out of the kitchen and he's also surprised to see me crying.

"Hey hey hey, what's wrong?" Ryan puts the plates of spaghetti on the counter and walks to me as he holds my shoulders.

"My..ba..babies.. I can.. I can't find them." My voice breaks as I start to sob.

"Hey shhh.. They are okay, they are actually sleeping." Ryan brushes my hair away from my face and he tucks it behind my ear.

"They what??" I stop crying and my face turns to a confused one.

Ryan sighs and smiles, "They are sleeping in one of the small rooms, I believe it's their room."

I quickly run towards the room that is at the back of the cafe and I open the door to see both of them sleeping soundly, I let out a big sigh of relief. I crawl inside and kiss both of them on their forehead.

"Mommy is sorry, Mommy won't do it again. Please don't leave Mommy." I say in a whispered tone as my tears roll down.

I look up after a while and find blue eyes staring intently at me, there's a glint of confusion and sadness in his eyes. I clear my throat as I crawl back outside and then both of us walk to the front.

"Thanks, I mean, thank you for being here with them, I'm really grateful." I stutter and when there's no response I find his blue eyes striking mine again.

"It's no big deal, I came here in the evening and I found you sleeping at the table, you're sick to be exact. How are you feeling?" He walks closer and puts his hand on my forehead to check my temperature.

"Urmm, I'm okay. Thank you, but how did you get in?" I push his hand away and look at him confused.

"Ayden opened the door when he saw me outside the café asking me for help to check up on you. He was really worried about you, while Ayla was silently crying. I can't just ignore when my favorite people are sad and sick."

I gulp down air when I hear his words and I brush my arms slowly. Ryan smiles as he gets the plates of spaghetti and puts it on the table next to the window.

"Here, I hope you're okay with spaghetti."

I tuck my own hair behind my ear as I nod, "Thank you"

I sit across him and he puts a pack of medicine in front of me. I look at him confusedly, and I am about to ask when he cuts me off, "It's medication for fever, you need it."

"Again, thank you. I can't repay you for what you did for me and of course the twins."

"I won't ask for anything except for a chance."

"A chance?"

"A chance to get to know you and the twins."

I blush deep red at that moment and I look at the plate to hide my blush.

"Look, Mia. I can't stop thinking about the twins and of course you since the first day I saw you guys, that's what made me come inside. I know I'm being blunt here, but I'm just this kind of person, I hope you can give me a chance to get to know you."

I look up as I contemplate, I know that there's an attraction between us both and there's no denying anything about that. I look at his hopeful eyes and I sigh, "Okay."

He smiles brightly and his face lit up as he holds his hand out to me, "Let's start from the beginning then. Hi, I'm Ryan Zachary, nice to meet you."

I look at his hand and face in between as I smile softly. I hold out my hand and link it with his, "Hi Ryan, I'm Mia Evelyn. Nice to meet you too."

He smiles widely and there's actually a blush on his face and he rubs behind his neck slowly as he's shy and excited for a chance between us. I can't comprehend what I feel at that moment, I am also excited and shy about this, but I just can't stop thinking if it's the right and not a bad move for me and the twins.

I just hope everything will be great from now on.

-----