3

RYAN

"I'm taking a walk around Central Park, come and pick me up when I call later." I cut off when I hear a 'yes sir' from the other line.

I walk aimlessly around Central Park trying to calm my rage. The meeting totally enraged me, I know that they want me out of their way so that they can take 'The Harrison Company' from me, but there's no way I will let it happen.

I didn't even realize that I had been walking around non-stop and let my feet take me wherever they could. Stopping to look around, I am surrounded by buildings that are unfamiliar to me. I pull out my phone and call James, my driver so that he can come pick me up wherever I am.

"Yes sir."

"Come and pick me up, I'm at.." I turn around to find a signboard or any road name, but I'm stunned to see a woman in the café in front of me. She's smiling brightly at the two little kids in front of her.

"Sir?"

"Yes. Urmm actually I'll call you back later." I said as I cut off the line before James could say anything.

I walk towards the front door and see the café name 'Lucky Stars' before walking inside and am accompanied by the bell. I see the woman walk to the counter without looking at me. She ties her brunette hair in a pony tail and she has glasses covering her eyes.

She finally looks up and I see her blue eyes as she looks at me. I can feel my heart thumping a bit out of the ordinary.

"Sir?" She says and I was out of my trance as she looks at me warily.

"Yes, Urmm.. I would like a black coffee and a sandwich, whichever is the best." I say while looking at the menu, but I don't know what I want since it's not the reason I came here.

"That will be 3 dollars and 50 cents." She says while looking at the machine.

I pull out a 100 dollar note and give it to her as I say "Keep the change."

I walk away to find any empty seat, but there's none. I see two kids that are currently eating their pizza like it's their treasure and walk up to them.

"Hi, is this seat taken?" I ask and both of them whip their head as they look at me.

"No." The boy says while the girl scoots closer to the boy. They look a lot like each other and I assume that they are twins.

"I'm sorry, I'm not a bad guy. I just wanted to have a seat since it's full everywhere else." I point to the nearby seat and they both look around.

"Okay then." The boy says defeatedly and I smile, "Thank you."

"You're welcome." The girl says cutely, I see her beautiful blue eyes, while the boy has emerald green eyes.

"I'm Ryan, may I know what's your name?"

"I'm Ayla and this is Ayden." The girl says as she introduces the boy to me and he nods slowly.

"Hi Ayla and Ayden. Is that pizza? I didn't know they had pizza here.. If I knew I would definitely have ordered that." I pout and that makes them both smile.

"No, Mommy made it for us. It's not for sale." Ayla says and Ayden nods.

"Really? Then it must be delicious, I'm jealous." I pout again and now they both laugh. Somehow I feel like I've known them forever, their laughs are similar to someone that I knew a long time ago.

We are interrupted when the woman comes and gives me my coffee and sandwich. I try to make eye contact with her when I say thank you, but she looks away quickly.

"Finished? Now go and brush your teeth at the back."

I see both of the kids nod and run to the back and the woman yells, "Don't run or you might trip again!"

"Okay, Mommy!" I hear both of the kids reply and my mind clouded with unanswered questions.

"They are yours?" I ask her and she turns to look at me, with a clearly annoyed expression.

"Yes, they are." She replies and I ask again.

"How old are they? And how old are you?"

"I'm sorry, but I don't think I can tell that to a stranger."

She walks away after saying that and somehow her feisty attitude makes me chuckle as I look at her. Suddenly she turns around and our eyes meet, I am still laughing so she just shrugs me off and walks away.

Feisty huh.

My attention is back to the kids when they both run towards the back of the café, between the alley of the shelves. I finish up the delicious sandwich and coffee so that I can see what the kids are up to. I walk up to them and see that they are both immersed in a book that they each hold.

"Hey, what are you reading?"

They both look up and then they smile brightly, my heart warms from their smile.

"Here.." Ayla gives me her book, a Disney princess book, Sleeping Beauty.

"Do you know how to read?" I ask. She nods and makes a little hand signal, "A bit, Mommy taught me."

I look at Ayden, "You too?" and he nods.

"How old are you two?" I ask and they both answer, "3 years and a month."

"Oh, you had your birthday in April? Mine too, I had mine on the 21st of April."

"We..Twe..Two.. Ayden help me.." Ayla pouts as she can't pronounce the date of their birthday.

"Twenty two April." Ayden answers

I said, "22nd April, I'll remember that because it's the day after mine."

Both of them smile and I can't help smiling back too, without realizing it, I've been here for almost an hour and half. I pull out my phone and look at it, there's a lot of missed calls.

I dial James and he picks up after the second ring, "Pick me up, now. I'll send you the location."

"Ryan, are you going back home?" Ayla holds my finger and I feel her little hands wrap my big finger.

"Yes, Ayla. I have work to finish. Oh and what is your Mommy's name?"

"Why?" Ayden asks as he looks at me suspiciously.

I raise up both of my hands and just smile at him as I say.

"I just want to say thank you to her since she made delicious food. It's my principle to say thank you to those that help me."

Ayden's eyes pierce me with it's green and somehow those eyes remind me of the past that I try hard to forget. I am out of my reverie when Ayla pulls me down and whispers to my ear.

"Ayla..."

Ayla pouts when Ayden coldly calls her name when she whispers their mother's name.

"It's okay. I won't say it if you don't allow it, Ayden."

Ayden keeps looking at me when he shakes his head, "No, it's okay to say thank you to Mommy."

I walk towards the front door with Ayla and this time Ayden holds my hand on the other side. I was surprised, but I'm somehow feeling happy that they are already comfortable with me.

"Will you come again Ryan?" Ayla asks me and I see Ayden smiling softly.

"I will, but there are no promises to when I will come. Okay?" I speak softly to Ayden and Ayla.

"Okay, Ryan." Both of them answer and I stand up, I turn to look at the woman again, surprised when she smiles at me, her smile makes my heart thump hard.

I smile back and nod at her, as I am about to walk out of the door I turn around and she looks at me confusedly, "See you again, Mia." Her eyes widen and I can see her face redden at my words.

I can't seem to get her name out of my head today and I know that I have to go there again, in the near future.

Mia Evelyn.

-----