Fourteen

Thank you for the continuous support you showed on this book, it means a lot to me! I'm quite sad to say this is the final chapter of Misconceptions.

However, I do have a new 5sos doctor book up titled 'Remember' if you'd like to check that out!

Thank you once again! ❤️

(I don't know anything about the court system and laws, so everything you read regarding that in this chapter is most likely not accurate.

Not proof read)

..

Amelia was kept in the hospital for two more nights before Ashton allowed her to be released. She personally believed that she could've been sent home a day before but trusted Ashton's decision.

As promised two officers came down yesterday for a statement report and photographic evidence. Jackson's trial was scheduled for the following Monday.

For the time being Amelia was staying in an inexpensive hotel as her old home held too many bad memories. Countless times Ashton had tried convincing her to move in with him, but she couldn't, not after all that he'd already done for her.

Because of the stress fracture she was released with a boot to wear on her injured foot for two weeks before returning for follow-up appointment.

The sutures were another problem due to the fact that she wasn't able to get them wet because of infection risks, therefore making showering all more difficult.

Luckily she would be able to get them out the following day of the trial.

..

On the day of the trial Amelia was greeted with soft knocking coming from outside her hotel room door, looking out the peephole she discovered that it was Ashton.

"What're you doing here," she laughed in shock, not expecting the trauma surgeon to have the day off.

Ashton smiled, "I came to support you, you deserve it after all."

"Thank you."

Taking his hand in hers, they headed out together to Ashton's awaiting car and to the courthouse where to fate of the jury could change her forever.

..

"Jackson Verdes, you are convicted of domestic violence against Amelia Greene. How do you plead?"

"Not guilty."

Amelia's heart sank and she turned to look at Ashton who gave her a sympathetic smile in return. Jackson actually thought he wasn't guilty, even with the multitudes of injuries he gave to her; he didn't see a problem with it.

She could only hope that someone would rule in her favor.

Her lawyer stood up. "These are evidence pictures of bruises, lacerations and handprints found on Miss Greene. Photos were submitted detectives and Dr Ashton Irwin, as well as a full statement on Miss Greene's extensive list of injuries."

"Is Dr Irwin here," spoke the judge.

Amelia was surprised when Ashton was called to the stand, sworn in under oath and asked to describe her injuries, if he ever suspected anything going on.

She had never expected the words that came out of his mouth, the clear venom he had for Jackson laced in his voice as he told nearly every detail on all the times Amelia was treated for her injuries either by him or the guys.

"We find the defendant Jason Verdes guilty of domestic violence against Amelia Greene. He will be sentenced to minimum five years with no parole or bail."

She felt a sense of relief hearing the final words of the judge followed by a bang of the gavel.

And for the first time she realized that she was no longer objectified by Jackson's spiteful words and disastrous punches.

Learning to love herself once more. For she was no longer held captive by him; freed instead. All with the aid from a doctor.

..

None of that was 100% accurate but thank you once again for the support you had shown this book!

Love you
Ali.