Eleven

I don't know how much sense this chapter makes but I really wanted to update for you guys. I may rewrite this one depending on what you think.

Be prepared as things get crazy in the next chapter.

..
(Not proof read)

I was absolutely dreading this day, beyond maybe. The day I would say goodbye to the hospital for a possible forever.

I had already handed in my resignation letter about two weeks prior to this day, now I had to collect my belongings from my locker and say a final goodbye to everyone.

They all had believed that I had gotten a better job offer in a different state, but truthfully Jackson and I were getting away.

Yet I knew there were four doctors who didn't believe me, but they never commented on it. I could tell from there sympathetic looks they knew what was really happening.

So now I stood in front of my locker emptying the contents of it, chucking useless crap in the bin and saving the good things.

My eyes caught sight of my emergency makeup bag and the small mirror in the back of my locker, sparking an idea from me.

I knew it was risky especially with the four doctors lurking about, or other staff members of the hospital. They could enter the locker room at any moment and see what was happening.

But I didn't care, I needed to do this.

With a makeup wipe in my hand and the scarf I was wearing for further covering taken off, I began to gently wipe at my makeup covered neck, soon revealing a mixture of violet bruises around my neck.

Staring blankly back at the reflection of myself. It was almost as if I could barely recognize myself.

And it was as if timing or the world was against me because at that very moment, Ashton chose to walk in.

I knew there was no turning back or hiding now.

"I can explain," I rushed out, seeing him fumble for his pager and dialing whoever.

"There's no need to," he answered, walking towards me and taking the makeup wipe out of my hand, forcing me to sit on the bench. "You've got any more of these?"

Nodding, I pointed with a shaky finger to the package that laid open in my locker. He grabbed them and began to wipe away the remaining makeup unveiling one of my biggest secrets.

Not a minute later the door opened in and in rushed the rest of the boys, along with security trailing behind them.

Everyone began to throw question after question at me. Asking me how I felt, if anything felt broken. Was I dizzy at all?

I felt one of their fingers on my wrist, a light shining in my eyes. Someone gently touching the dark bruises littered on me.

Yet I couldn't focus at all because my mind constantly kept going back to one thing, one person rather.

Jackson.

What would happen to him? I knew the possibility of him not getting arrested was very slim, but what would happen after that?

I wasn't sure I wanted to necessarily let go of the man I was with for the past two years. Sure he may have pushed me around a lot, but he promised that it was only because he loved me.

Nobody else could ever love me like he did.

Because he was in control.

"Ashton," I whispered, trying to get his attention and his only. "I changed my mind."

"What?"

I gulped, "I just think there's been some kind of misconception." But the tears in my eyes stated otherwise.

He gave me a sympathetic smile before returning to discuss plans with security.

I knew then that the secret was out and there was no going back. But I had to escape.

So when every one else in the room was distracted I quietly exited the locker room, not looking back once.

Maybe Jackson was right all along about them.