But his eyes, they were what truly terrified me. Empty and metallic, the exact color of polished armor.

He reached towards one of the dark corners of the room and dragged a dusty wooden chair to the center, taking a seat right in front of me. The close proximity of his body made me shudder. I tried loosening the rope against my wrists behind my back, but the knot was so tight that the friction only caused me burning pain.

"Come on now, love," the man offered me a crooked smile - a smile that made the blood in my veins freeze. "Don't try and do stupid things. I've been so good to you by now, don't make me angry." His eyebrows dipped slightly in a pleading manner, but I was still struck by his coldness. His whole presence was like a stab of ice.

"What- what do you want?" I rasped in a cowardly whisper.

The man leaned in, crouching so that his eyes were on the level of mine. He put his chin on his hand, staring into my eyes intently like a cobra seeking its' prey, before bursting into uncontrollable laughter.

"Oh, love, you can't be that dumb, can you?" He exclaimed softly as though he was talking to a little child. "You and I, we have only one thing in common. And that is Jeon Jungkook."

I gulped loudly, the revelation dawning upon me, leaving me thunderstruck. This wasn't Jungkook's doing – this was because of him.

"You seem to be mistaken. I have nothing in common with him anymore," I mumbled under my breath, the throbbing of my own heart clearly audible in my ears.

"Well, apparently that's a lie," the stranger pursed his lips, the deep shadows under his protruding cheekbones even more visible now. He tilted his head to the side, studying my face calmly. "And you're a terrible liar, love. You should know that."

"I really don't know anything. Please, let us go. Please," I pleaded as the tears started impulsively falling on my cheeks, blurring my vision. My watery gaze drifted over the man's shoulder, only to fall onto Taehyung's lifeless form still lying motionlessly on the cold concrete.

Fear for his life engulfed my conscience, knocking every other thought out of my mind. His breathing was sharp and hitched, he was obviously injured. Did they hurt him?

The man followed my eyes blankly, glancing at Taehyung over his shoulder.

"Us?" he repeated as he turned back to me, his eyes widened in feigned shock. "Oh, love, no. Did you fall for your boyfriend's best friend?" He asked almost as if he was mocking me.

I lowered my head, unable to stop my uncontrollable sobbing.

"Please," my voice quivered as a small whimper escaped my trembling lips. "Let us go, please..."

The man crossed his arms in front of his chest and nibbled on his lower lip pensively for a few moments. Then he put his hand on my chin, causing shivers to go down my spine. It was like someone had applied ice cubes to my skin.

"I can't do that," he muttered softly, an evil glint in his eyes. "Not until you tell me where the little brat is."

"I told you already, I don't know anything!" I let out a quiet yelp, unwittingly digging my nails into my palms. The man clicked his tongue in obvious annoyance. He reached lazily to his belt and took the knife in his hand. My heart stopped.

"I have to tell you," he licked his lips as he eyed the perfect piece of steel, gliding his finger on the sharp cutting edge. "I've never failed to get information out of someone. Sometimes people just need a push," he stressed and threw me a freezing glance, "to refresh their memory."

He started leaning in slowly like a prowling predator. I pressed my back to the cold rough wall behind me, horrified to realize I had nowhere to run. I was completely trapped and at the mercy of someone who was evidently a psychopath. I wanted to scream so desperately, but I felt like something was clasping on my throat, preventing me from making a sound.

The man pointed the knife to my throat, placing its tip on my skin. I completely froze at the sharp and cold sensation.

"Stop," I barely forced my shaky voice out.

"You know why I love knives?" His cold breath sent a cool breeze to my neck, making me wince. "I consider them the greatest weapon ever invented. They always do the job, precisely and silently. If you're not afraid of getting your hands dirty, that is," his pale lips curled into a psychotic smile that sickened me to my bones.

His fingers clenched around the ivory handle of the knife, lightly moving it up to my left cheek, miraculously leaving no scratches along its way.

"Knives aren't for cowards," he smiled as his eyes traced the movements of the blade, almost hypnotized. I didn't even dare to breathe, squeezing my eyes shut.

"Leave her alone!" A weak, wavering voice snapped him out of it, making me open my eyes wide. Taehyung's bloodshot eyes glared at the man in front of me and his chest heaved both in exasperation and exhaustion, as he apparently struggled to breathe. "Leave her the fuck alone," he repeated with a growl, somehow having regained the stability of his voice, a threatening menace vibrating through his body.

"Oh, looks like I was right," the man's lips stretched in a sinister grin, slowly turning his body to face Taehyung. "We do have a love triangle. What are you gonna do, pretty boy? Gonna stare me down to death?" He started laughing maniacally.

I tried desperately to obtain eye contact with Taehyung, but he just wouldn't look at me. My mind started searching frantically for a way out of this situation, just anything that could potentially help us. We had no weapons and apparently we were both drained of our energy, not that we would win in a fight with this maniac. A giant pain tugged on my heart as I realized that we probably wouldn't make it out alive of this one.

The man rested his back on the chair, crossing his legs in front of him, the silver blade still glistening in his right hand.

"Running away from here is impossible," he said in a flat voice as though he had read my thoughts. "And I'm a very impatient person. I could kill you both in the blink of an eye," he pointed to his throat with the tip of the knife, mimicking the motion of cutting our heads.

"Actually, no," he smirked, his hollow eyes darting to me. "You could be useful to me, love. You know, Jungkook owes me some money. Perhaps you could pay up for him with your body?" He cocked an eyebrow, causing my gut to twirl.

"Shut the fuck up!" Taehyung yelled out, slamming and jostling his body forward and then against the wall in a desperate attempt to shake himself free. "Watch your fucking mouth, you dirty bastard!" He snarled, infuriated, as his eyes glistened in the dimmed light.

"Taehyung, stop, you're only- only hurting yourself!" I pleaded, stammering through tears but he wouldn't listen. I was afraid, I was dreading what that man could do to him if he wouldn't stop.

"Don't you ever touch her again," he growled in blind rage, banging his feet against the cold concrete floor, his brain obviously tormented by the mental image that crazy man had implanted in his mind. It drove him mad.

The man's hand swiftly shot upwards, pinning the knife on the wall next to Taehyung, a couple of inches away from his face. A gush of white anguish stroke through me, causing me to feel as though all the blood had left my circulation.

"Next time," the man barked. "It's going to be between your eyes."

All of a sudden, the door flung open, causing a bleak ray of light to spill in the room. I struggled to focus my blurry vision on the tall and thin form standing by the door frame.

"Yunseok," a voice as sharp as a whip echoed in the room. "Is this how you welcome our guests?"