Chapter 8 Ball

"What do you mean you can use all of them? It's a joke right?" Gerald asks.

"It's exactly like I said, I could prove it."

"Well, we don't really have the ability to test that all here. For now just keep it a secret from everyone else, okay?"

"We've already done so for three years, we'll be fine." I say.

"Well go get ready for the ball you two."

"We are already."

"Oh right. Well please wait in your room for everyone who is coming, Hannah will come to get you when everything is ready for you two." He says.

Anne and I head to the room and wait there for a while wondering just how many people is going to be there. After a few hours, Hannah comes in.

"Everyone is ready for you." She says. We follow her to a door past where the dining room is. We could hear people through the door talking.

"Alright girls, when you go in, just head straight for your parents. They are on the far side of the room. Don't walk too fast but don't walk too slow either." Hannah tells us.

We hear everyone start to quiet down and an announcer say, "Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you and the two stars of tonight, Miss Jessica and Miss Anne Chinweike." The door opens and we start to walk towards our parents.

Everyone starts clapping and we reach our seats. I look around and see all kinds of strange people. There are people that don't exactly look like humans. About 1/6 of the people have very pointy ears; they look like elves. There are also a few people that look like animals.

Gerald stands up and everyone quiets down, "I welcome you all to our home, as you know my twin daughters Jessica and Anne have turned three years old. Please, enjoy the party." Everyone continues with whatever they were doing.

After a while, I see two people get up from one of the tables and walk over two us. They are both human. The older man who I guess is the father has brown hair. He looks older than my parents but still looks young. The other person looks to be his son. He looks about my age and he has light brown hair.

"Mr. and Mrs. Chinweike we would like to thank you for inviting us to this ball." The man says, "Miss Anne and Miss Jessica, my name is Jacob of the noble Howells family and this is my son Darren Howells. We reside on this continent, Xerneas." I nod and he bows and leaves back to his seat.

Another two people stand up afterward. They look like they are both elves. The older man who is probably the father, has pink hair like me. The other person is about my age again and looks like his daughter. She also has green hair.

"We thank you for allowing us to be here Mr. and Mrs. Chinweike." The man says, "Miss Jessica and Miss Anne, my name is Hareign of the noble Budrene family and this is my daughter Samantha Budrene. We reside on the continent of Adroya." I nod again and they went back.

I use telepathy to ask my parents, "Is that man able to use telepathy because of the pink hair?"

My father bends down and whispers to me, "He cannot, his magic abilities are a mix of light and fire."

Ah, I see.

A third couple of people stand up from their table. They both have tails and whiskers. The father has yellow and sort of transparent hair somehow. The boy next to him has red mixed with grey hair. As they are about to step up to us I witness a strange hooded person putting something into the animal-person's drink. As I do, I quickly tell my parents.

"I don't know if you noticed but someone just put something into this man's drink." I say. Before either of them could react, the man starts to say the same thing as the others.

"We are full of gratitude that you invited us today Mr. and Mrs. Chinweike." He says and steps over towards my sister and I, "My name is Deland of the noble Kirscht family, and this is my son, David Kirscht. It is nice to meet you. We reside on the continent of Klumane." I nod a third time and see the hooded person about step out of the room. I decide to use telekinesis and lift him off the ground but not enough for anyone to notice.

As part of my hair changes color to purple I say to my parents, "You should make sure they don't drink that, it might be poisoned, also the hooded figure about to leave is the culprit."

"Thank you Jess." My mother whispers.

My father stands and everyone quiets down. "I apologize for suddenly getting your attention, but it seems there has been an assassination attempt." Almost everyone gasps.