#23~ Sodapop Imagine

"Is that the last of it?" Sodapop yelled as he slammed the trunk of his car down.
"I think so!" You answered while adjusting the sunglasses you had perched on the top of your head. It was the middle of July, and you and Sodapop were taking a road trip to Kentucky. Some of your relatives lived in Louisville, so you would be meeting up with them and then going on to tour the city. You were excited to get to spend some time alone with him, as he had been working a lot lately and hadn't had much free time. As he entered the car, you smiled at him while making sure you had everything in your backpack. As Soda put the keys in, you heard the engine roar to life. Swinging your backpack into the backseat, you sat back and tried to get comfortable for the 4 hour car ride to the hotel. It would be long, but worth it in the end! You were excited to get out of Tulsa, where you had lived all your life. You didn't travel much, so this would be an adventure. "So," Sodapop said. "Just what do you intend on doing for the next 4 hours?"
"This," you said and smirked as you pulled a homemade CD out of your backpack labeled Soda and y/n's amazing adventure to Kentucky. Soda just laughed and shook his head. "Really? You created a CD?"
"You bet I did," you smiled and slid the CD into the player and heard a click as the first song began to play. It was Crocodile Rock by Elton John. You and Soda exchanged a knowing glance as the opening piano part began to play.
"You know me all to well," he smirked. You and him began to belt out the lyrics that you both knew heart. As it came to the chorus, you danced and Soda tapped his fingers on the steering wheel to the beat of the song. By the end of it, you were out of breath from singing so loudly. Soda laughed as you collapsed back into your seat. "You really worked yourself," he chuckled while stopping at a red light.
"You know I had to Soda. It's a real bop," you said.
"Bop? Since when do you call songs bops?" Sodapop laughed while taking a drink of his water.
"Since 10 seconds ago," You answered. He just laughed and glanced at you.
"You really are something else, y/n. That's why I love you so much. You don't try to be like all the other girls in Tulsa. You're more and better," Soda gushed.
You could feel your cheeks turn a crimson shade as you said, "I love you too." You and Soda spent the next few hours screaming the lyrics from random songs and receiving strange looks from random people at stoplights. You loved these moments, when it felt like no one and nothing else mattered except for you and Soda. As the sun came out and filled the car with light, you kicked your feet up on the dashboard and threw your hair into a ponytail with a pink scrunchie. Sodapop put on his sunglasses and glanced at the GPS. "It looks like we're almost at the hotel y/n," He said while turning right.
"Finally, I never thought I would get out of this god forsaken car," you sighed.
"Hey, don't say that about Susan," He fought back as you nearly spit out your Gatorade.
"When did you name your car Susie?" You laughed, clutching your stomach.
"A few weeks ago, Dally wouldn't let it go," he smirked.
"That's not hard to imagine," you said and slid down your sunglasses. Soda laughed at your response and pulled into a gas station.
"I'm gonna fill up my tank if you wanna go in and get some snacks," He said as you gladly hopped out of the car and into the gas station. You picked up 2 cokes for you and Soda and a bag of chips to split. You paid for the food and ran back out to the car. "I brought chips," You yelled as you got into the car. Sodapop cheered as you threw a coke at him. He caught it and took a long sip, clearly thirsty from the hot weather. It was nearly 90 degrees, and combined with the hot sun beating down on you, the car was like a sauna. As you tried to buckle yourself without making the seatbelt touch your body, Soda started up the car again.  Before you knew it, you had arrived at the hotel. You and Soda took all your luggage out of the car and checked into the hotel. After you checked into your room, you flopped down onto the bed with a sigh. You rolled over and grabbed your phone to see that Darry was calling you.
A/N~ Darry talking is this, Soda talking is this, and you talking is this.
WHAT HAPPENED?!?!?? I TOLD YOU TO CALL ME AS SOON AS YOU REACHED A GAS STATION AND IT'S BEEN 3 HOURS I'VE BEEN WORRIED SICK-
Calm down Darry, me and Soda are fine! We just forgot to call you!-You cringed as you realized this would only make Darry more mad.
Forgot to call me, FORGOT TO CALL ME?!?!? SODA KNOWS DAMN WELL THAT I WILL KICK HIS-
Darry, it was a mistake! We honestly forgot!
Fine, fine. But if you do that to me ever again I swear to god I will-
BYE DARRY SAY HI TO THE GANG!
Soda yelled as he hung up the phone and you laughed.
"Darry's gonna kill us when we get home," you exclaimed as you caught your breath.
"I know, I saved you from a lot of unnecessary arguing though," he chuckled as he sat into the bed with you.
"Can we cuddle now? I'm really lonely," Soda pouted as he laid down on the bed and held out his arms.
"Fine," you sighed as he silently cheered. You fell into his arms as he pulled you close to his chest.
"Goodnight y/n, I love you," Soda whispered and kissed your head.
"Love you too," you muttered before falling into a deep slumber.