Alone

Levi's POV

The day came a couple weeks later. Farlan, Isabel and I were getting ready to go on our mission. To be honest, I was so scared. Sophie's so young and innocent, I didn't want to leave her alone in this place. But if it meant getting her to the surface, I'd do anything.

"Are you sure you have to go?" Sophie asked, rubbing a couple tears from her eyes. I bent down to her level and held her tiny hands.

"Baby we've already been over this. We have to." I told her. She started sobbing and threw herself on me.

"But I don't want you to go!" She cried. I wrapped my arms around her and let her get it all out. My heart was breaking, too, at the fact that we'll soon have to part. I felt so bad about her having to go through all this at such a young age, but it'll all be better after this mission. "You're going to come back right?"

"Of course, sweetie. I would never forget you."

"You're going to be safe right?"

"Yes, sweetie. And so are you. If anything happens, you know how to defend yourself." She nodded and looked back at me.

"I love you so much, Daddy." She again wiped away her tears.

"I love you too, Sophie." I gave her a long kiss on the forehead and held back my own tears. I had to be strong, for her.

"Levi, it's time." Isabel said. Farlan and Isabel said their goodbyes to Sophie and we put the finishing touches on our gear.

I looked back to Sophie to see her trying to be brave. She was such a smart and beautiful girl. She was so loving and caring. She was just like her mother. I couldn't be any more proud of her. I gave her a small smile and she returned it. "I'll see you soon, sweetie." I told her.

"Okay, Daddy." She gave a small smile and we reluctantly left. To be honest, I didn't know when "soon" would be. All I could do is hope.

Time skip

"Join the Survey Corps." The blonde man said in front of me. He went on to list what would happen if I didn't.

"Fine." I spit some mud water out of my mouth as I glared up at the man. Farlan and Isabel looked at me in shock. "I'll do it. I'll join the Survey Corps."

He looked down at me and then led us to the stairwell. At the last second, I looked back in the direction of our house. I almost hesitated as my heart ached to be with my daughter. But I kept moving forward.

Sophie's POV

I sat on the couch holding my dolls. I didn't really know what to do. Daddy said to make sure I kept up with my training and the cleaning. "I don't really know when Daddy and Farlan and Isabel are going to be back." I told my dolls. "But I know they will be. They said soon."

The silence that filled the house was unpleasant. I felt so... alone. It's only been a hour, but still. I got up and took the broom. Daddy always cleans when he's upset, so maybe it'll help me too.

Time skip

It's been two days now. I've been training and cleaning daily so Daddy will be proud of me when he gets back. I really miss them all. I already miss going outside, too, but Daddy said not to go outside unless absolutely necessary. I sighed and laid down in bed for the night. He mentioned a week or two, hopefully not any longer.

Time skip

It's been about two and a half weeks now. I was starting to get anxious and even more lonely. I probably only had food left for about another week. Life was a bit boring without Isabel's cheerfulness, Farlan's jokes and Daddy's obsessions.

Today I skipped training. I just didn't feel like it. I also only ate a small piece of bread. Every day my heart hurt a little bit more. I just really wanted them back. I wanted Daddy back.

That night I decided to sleep in Daddy's bed. The night before he left, I slept in there, too. He held me close the whole night and I didn't want it to end. His strong arms warmly embraced me tightly to his chest as he sang me to sleep. It was so easy for him to calm me down.

I wrapped myself up in the bed sheets and blankets as I laid my head on Daddy's pillow. It still smells like him... Remembering his presence from just a couple weeks ago, I began crying. No, I began sobbing as I begged in my heart for him to come back. I wanted all of them back, even Mommy. However, I knew she would never come back. Daddy, however, I didn't know. How is he doing right now? Is he safe? Is he... alive? All the possibilities and thoughts filled my head as I cried myself to sleep.