Nightmares

(A/N: The italics at the beginning is the nightmare. Sophie is now 4.)

Sophie's POV

I looked around the city at all the carnage. Some civilians, some soldiers. Everything was all peaceful until they happened. I don't even know who they are. There's these giant naked humans crowding the city, destroying everything in their path. I stood in complete shock as I watched countless soldiers and civilians fall victim to the monsters' hunger.

"Everybody to the boats!" I heard someone yell. Everybody suddenly started running as fast as they could in the opposite direction I was standing. With everyone pushing and shoving, I ended up on the ground and stepped on a few times. I curled into a ball and tried to protect my head.

Finally everyone was gone. I got up to go to the boats but I was face to face with one of the monsters. I screamed and tried to run away. However, the monster's hand reached out and caught me in its strong grip. I heard a couple snaps and screamed out in pain. "SOPHIE!!!" I heard from afar and looked up to see my dad. He was flying towards me on his 3dmg and swords. "Hold on!"

"Daddy help me!" Tears streamed endlessly from my eyes as I got closer and closer to the monster's mouth. Daddy was almost there but another monster came out of nowhere and caught him, too. He screamed in pain and started cutting at the monster's hand to try and get away. It was no use, however. The monster slowly brought him up to its mouth and suddenly all time stopped. Daddy was bit in half. Blood sprayed everywhere and some landed on my cheek. "NOOO!!! DADDY!!!" I struggled even harder against the monster's hand as the other one swallowed the rest of my dad's body. I stopped struggling and just sobbed before being dropped into the monster's mouth myself.

I jolted up in my bed in an absolute panic. I gripped my head as I sobbed and screamed. "NOOO! DADDY!!! THIS ISN'T REAL, THIS ISN'T REAL!!!" I continued screaming and sobbing until I felt arms wrap around me. Feeling almost the same feeling in my dream, I pushed them off of me. "NO DON'T TOUCH ME! I JUST WANT DADDY!"

"I'M RIGHT HERE, BABY!" Someone tried to say over my screaming. I slowly looked up and saw that it was, in fact, my dad. I threw myself into his arms and held onto him for dead life. I continued to sob as my body nearly convulsed.
"Hey now, it's okay. You're okay, you're safe." He tried to comfort me and rub my back. "What happened, sweetie?"

"I... I had a bad dream..." I managed to get out. "T-There were all these... things... You tried to saved me, b-but..." Just thinking about it made me start to sob again. He stroked my hair and held me close.

"Do you want to sleep with Daddy tonight?" He asked. I nodded quickly and he brought me to his bedroom. I laid on his chest and listened to his heartbeat, eventually calming down. "I'm never going to leave you, Sophie." He said.

"You promise?" I asked him.

"Yes, Sophie. I promise. I love you so much." He kissed my head and I laid it back down on his chest.

"I love you too, Daddy."