Games

Sophie's POV

It's been about six months since Mommy passed away. The pain is still there, but every day it gets a little easier to bear. Farlan and Isabel were out on a mission right now, so it's just me and Daddy. I wanted to play this game Isabel told me about. "Hey, Daddy!" I said as I walked into the living room.

"Hey there." He gave me a small smile and sat me on his lap.

"I want to play this game Isabel told me about. It's called hide and seek."

"Well what do you do?"

"One of us will hide while the other will count to ten then try and find them."

"Alright, brat-"

"Hey!" I pouted at his choice of words. He chuckled.

"Sorry, sorry." He said. "How about I go upstairs to count and you hide."

"Okay!" I jumped off his lap and pushed him towards the stairs. Once I heard him start counting, I looked around the room for a place to hide. My eyes finally landed on the kitchen cabinets and I ran over to hide in one. I quietly closed the cabinet door and tried to be as quiet as possible.

"Ten!" I heard my dad say and he come down the stairs. "Now where could she be?" I giggled and quickly covered my mouth. It sounded like he walked all around the room. "Sophie, where are you~" He called out. I giggled again but I think I was too loud this time.

I could hear him come closer to the cabinet and I tried to be at quiet and still as possible, my heart quickly thumping in my chest. Everything was completely quiet until the cabinet door swung open. "Found you!" He said and pulled me out of the cabinet. He took me over to the couch and started tickling me. I started laughing uncontrollably as I tried to get him off of me.

"Daddy I can't breathe!" I continued laughing until my stomach hurt. He finally let go and I caught my breath. "Now it's your turn to hide!" I plopped down on the couch and attempted to count to ten. "1... 2... 3... 5... 6... 7... 9... 10!"

I opened my eyes and I went upstairs where I heard him go. I checked in my small bedroom and saw nothing. "Here I come!" I called out, hoping to get something out of him. Nothing. He wasn't in the bathroom either. I then decided to check his bedroom. I walked in and stood in the middle of the room. Where could he be?!

I then suddenly felt two strong arms wrap around me and pull me up. I let out a scream and started kicking. I eventually heard a groan and the person put me down. I turned around to see Daddy. "Daddy! I was supposed to find you!"

"And kick me, too?" He asked as he knelt on the ground. I gasped and almost started crying.

"I'm so sorry, Daddy! I didn't mean to!" I quickly tried to apologize.

"It's okay, sweetie. I was just testing you to see how your training is paying off."

"Oh, well, I can show you more if you want." I puffed out my chest, proud that I was able to get my own dad on his knees by just one kick.

"Maybe later, sweetie." He said and slowly got up. He then picked me up and put me on his shoulders, heading downstairs.

"It's not too high up here." I honestly commented as we made it into the living room. He picked me up off his shoulders then let go of me. I screamed but he caught before I hit the floor. "That wasn't funny, Daddy!"

"Payback, Sophie." I sighed and went over to the couch where my dad soon joined me.

"We're going to have to play again once Farlan and Isabel come back!" I said. He nodded his head and smiled at me.

"Whatever you want, sweetie."