Similarities & family time

Levi's POV

"You know Levi, Sophie looks exactly like you, but I've never seen similar many character traits." Valerie commented as we relaxed in our room after dinner. I leaned against the headboard of our bed as Sophie sat in my lap and played with Valerie's hair. She was about two years old now.

"I guess she took after us half and half. Hey, Sophie." She turned around and looked at me. "What's your favorite activity?"

"Ummm..." She paused and looked around the room. "Cleaning!" I smirked and looked at Valerie.

"That was just one example." She said. "Sophie, what's your favorite thing to drink?"

"Tea!" She exclaimed.

"Sophie who do you love more, me or mommy?" I asked her. She looked at me confused for a second before she replied.

"Both!" She exclaimed and bounced on the bed. Despite looking like me, Sophie's personality was almost completely like Valerie's. At such a young age she had such a tender and caring heart. I just knew she'd be an amazing young lady one day.

Time skip

"Hey Levi, I was thinking we should bring Sophie out with us to do the shopping." Valerie said one afternoon. I turned around and stared at her.

"Are you kidding me?! The streets are no place for a kid!" I said.

"Levi we can't keep her cooped up in this house forever. It'll just be for a little while." Valerie came and put a hand on my shoulder. I then felt a tug on my pant leg.

"I be safe, Daddy." Sophie said. I sighed.

"Fine, let's just make it quick."

Time skip

The whole time at the market I held Sophie's hand tightly in mine and was watching from all directions. I still wasn't a fan of her coming with us. "Daddy what are those?" Sophie said and pointed.

"Those are stands. We get our food and necessities from them." I answered her.

"2 loaves of bread please." Valerie said to a vendor and brought out our wallet.

"Mommy, I do it?" Sophie asked and reached out her hand.

"No-"

"Levi." Valerie said, seemingly expecting me to immediately object. I sighed and picked Sophie up, keeping a tight grip on her.

"Here you go, sir!" Sophie said and gave the coins to the vendor.

"Thank you, little lady." The vendor smiled at her. I nodded to him and we quickly finished our shopping.

"See now that wasn't so bad." Valerie smirked as I held Sophie for the rest of the day.

"Whatever."