Chapter 43 ~ It's Over.

3 Months Later;

Emily Sanders...

For the first time in the longest time ~ I feel completely at ease. Everything was....was just....silent; it's the only way that I can describe it. My phone was so quiet that I kept checking it; thinking that it was broken. Jeffrey was finding that amusing.

It had been so long since we had, had a long laugh; our lives had been so much tenser than we even realised at the time.

How had it gotten better?

After Lizzy had caused me to flip and roll my car; Jeffrey had seen her car go over the cliff, followed by a loud bang and smoke. It hadn't been long before there were emergancy teams all around us. Jeffrey had been awake the entire time; while I had been knocked out from the first flip of the car. I only woke up just as the ambulance pulled into the ER parking bay, where I had been entirely overwhelmed; having a complete breakdown, I had began screaming for Jeffrey, and nothing would placate me.

Jeffrey had been lucky; he had walked away with minor cuts and bruises. I, on the other hand, had broken my arm and dislocated my shoulder and I prayed to God that my baby had survived and once everything came back clear and they even did a scan just to ease my mind; and that had allowed us to hear the steady heartbeat and I finally allowed myself to relax.

It had been 2 hours later that Jeffrey had gotten that call....you know the call that had informed him that his ex~wifes remains had been found and identified.

Lizzy was dead. Lizzy is dead.

I hated myself for thinking it, but that witch had been a thorn in my side for so long, that I had began to think that she was invincable and we would never be rid of her. I know that sounds horrid, I don't wish anyone ill~will but I have done a shitload of therapy to work through how bad that made me feel, and I realise that at the end of the day, what I had felt was entirely normal, if not completely expected, given what she had put me through, what she put Jeffrey and I both through.

Now here we are ~ lying in bed, having just woken up ~ I snuggled down under the covers and further into Jeffrey's warm and secure embrace. I still remember that day as if it had just happened yesterday. The smell of smoke that had remained on me for so much longer than it should have ~ and it is definitely not the best smell in the world, that's for sure.

"Are you cold?" Jeffrey enquired sleepily.

"No, I just want to snuggle with my boyfriend, is that ok?"

"For future referance, it's always ok, darlin'"

This is my life now. Jeffrey reached his hand to my stomach and instantly, our little peanut in my tummy, decided to kick, making Jeffrey chuckle softly, "we are definitely going to have a future footballer on our hands,"

We had decided that we didn't want to know the baby's gender; so for now we are calling the baby, peanut ~ it's far better than calling the baby, it.

"I need to get up," I tried to get up from the bed.

"No, no, no, no....I am not done with my snuggles," he objected; gently pulling me back

"I know but Paige has her final dress fitting, and I promised that I would go with her,"

"But you have the perfect excuse for being late..."

"And what may I ask is this perfect excuse?"

"You are pregnant and baby is not helping you this morning,"

"Jeffrey Dean Morgan I am not using our baby as an excuse!" I giggled.