Chapter 36 ~ Battle Stations

Emily Sanders...

"....WHAT THE FUCK HAVE I BEEN PAYING YOU FOR....? SO YOU ARE NORMALLY IN THE HABIT OF ALLOWING PATIENTS TO JUST FEED YOU ANY OLD COCK AND BULL STORY AND LET THEM LEAVE? I MEAN YOU DO UNDERSTAND THAT YOUR PATIENTS HAVE MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES RIGHT....? NO I WILL NOT CALM DOWN, MY EX~WIFE IS SERIOUSLY MENTALLY UNSTABLE AND YOU FUCKING 'PROFESSIONALS' DIDN'T FUCKING NOTICE IT!" Jeffrey was screaming down the phone, and I mean really screaming, it was a little bit scary, if I am honest. It is very rare for Jeffrey to lose his cool ~ it was a little scary, but it was also hot as shit.

If I said that it didn't concern me that, from what I could understand; Lizzy had gone missing. In my own opinion, she wasn't missing ~ she just didn't want to be found, and that, was what scared the hell out of me.

"EXCUSE THE FUCK OUT OF ME; BUT WHY IS THAT MY JOB? SHE WAS UNDER YOUR SUPERVISION ~ YOU ARE THE PEOPLE WHO FUCKING LOST HER!" he was truly agitated and I really didn't blame him; I want to go to him but I don't want to take his attention away from the caller, so instead, I busied myself in making us coffee, "NO I SUGGEST YOU GET THE POLICE INVOLVED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE....YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY....? BECAUSE SHE HAS BEEN STALKING MY GIRLFRIEND....YEAH YOU FUCKING DO THAT AND GET BACK TO ME!"

Everything turned quiet so I figured I would go and check on him ~ walking in to my living room to find that he was double checking the locks on the windows, and then moved to the front door and double checked that too, before he set the house alarm.

Was he really that worried?

If he was; then I need to be too. It's clear that I am her target; she sees me as the woman who is keeping her family apart, and that alone scares the hell out of me.

What would that crazy bitch do to me if she got me alone? Oh God, would she try to kill me?

Don't get me wrong; I know the very basics of self defense ~ but can the basics protect me from the certified crazy ex~wife of my boyfriend? I mean the woman really is a few minutes past midnight on the crazy clock and the fact that we all know it, only seems to make her worse. My tummy was twisting as I thought about all of this; what am I going to do?

"Baby?" I addressed him, "what's happened?"

"I don't want you to worry because; I am here and going no~where," coming to me, he tenderly held my face in both of his hands, "it seems that Lizzy as gone missing..."

"What do you mean by missing?"

Okay, so I had been right ~ my boyfriends ex~wife was somewhere out there and I would put money on the fact, that she would be close by, somewhere, where she can watch without being caught.

"Apparently, Lizzy told her doctors ~ that she and I were going to give our marriage another go and she was moving back in with me..."

"When did she leave?"

"2 weeks ago, why?"

"Around the time, she had her little talk with me?"

"Interesting!"

"Interesting, really? 'Cause I would say it's fucking insanely creepy!"

"Well, yes it's creepy but it's interesting because ~ she has been at my house since then ~ and I had no idea, I can't help but wonder if she truly thought that by scaring you away, she and I would eventually be back together..."

"Yes see, that's not interesting; that's fucking insane and I am scared!" there I said it, I am not one for showing weakness, or vulnerability but at the end of the day, I felt more safe with Jeffrey than I have ever felt with someone I am sleeping with. However, that didn't seem to be easing my fear; maybe it was igniting it more because she wanted me away from Jeffrey.