Chapter 9 - Everyone Grieves Differently.

Chapter 9 – Everyone grieves Differently.

Ryan Morgan-Vext...

It is so good to have Tommy home for a couple of days. I can't even begin to articulate just how badly I have missed my husband. It is so difficult being apart when we are newly-weds. Usually newly-weds spend 2 weeks in a foreign land where they can enjoy the start of their lives together. Unfortunately; our honeymoon had, had to be put on hold while my husband tours with a band, that he immensely admired, plus that is major exposure for his own band.

For so many years; Tommy had been paying his dues; doing all the degrading work that he could get, just to get his bands name out there. I don't think that I can be any prouder of him even, if I wanted to be!

My husband hasn't had the easiest of lives; it was because of those problems that he and I had met.

Coming home one night, Tommy had found his brother robbing him – the brother attacked Tommy – leaving him for dead. Some way, somehow, he was found and rushed to hospital; he made it through the extensive operation that had given him less than 30% to survive. It was through rehab that I met him; I was assigned to be his physio.

I hadn't even realised that I had fallen for him until his rehab was complete and he had been discharged from my care. Thank God, he had felt the same way as I felt for him and he came back to rehab to tell me that he had fallen for me and wanted to take me out on a date, if I was interested. I forgot all the girls code and agreed to the date instantly, I didn't even take a beat to pretend to think about it. I know that I would never have had the guts to go and find him; Tommy liked to joke that I should just accept the fact that he loves me more because he came to find me to tell me how he felt.

I allowed him to have the win on that one. We all know that I love him more; yes, I am that convinced that I am in the right and that I love him more.

Anyway; it is amazing to have him home, even if it is only for a couple of days. I will take what I can get at the moment, and I will not complain. I know that once Ivan finishes his stint in rehab, he will be re-joining the band and that would mean that Tommy can come home to me for good. Well at least, until we have had our honeymoon anyway.

Seeing Ivan flirting like mad with Emily; told me that he would be back with his band in no time; he was clearly doing much better than he had been when he entered rehab. Ivan is 100% the type that Emily is attracted too – the tattoos, the bad boy exterior and the fact that he swears like a god damn sailor will absolutely not hurt his case with her.

The only problem – she wasn't in the right head space, not at the moment anyway. My friend is still grieving, she is mourning the loss of her father and that isn't something that she is just going to get over in the space of a couple of days. My dad had told me that she was working on it in the same manner that, Ben dealt with the death of Grace; whom was Emily's mom. That was in silence; she was putting on a brave front, she was showing us all this capable and in control persona, but Paige and I, and even our dad, knew that under the exterior she was kicking her legs like mad, just to keep her head above water. It wouldn't do her any good, if we pointed out that we knew she was struggling, she would close up even more, because she didn't want us worrying about her. That is just who Emily is and I admire her for that.

I do wonder if she realises that this is all part of her grieving process. Emily and Ivan have met a few times and there had always been a little spark between them and a lot of flirting; we all called it a flirtship; because it had never been the right time for them to get together – it was either he was in a relationship when she was single and vice versa or she was so busy trying to get her bar off the ground. Maybe tonight was as good a time as any.