Chapter 5 - Dream a little Dream...

Chapter 5 – Dream a little Dream.

10 minutes later;

Jeffrey Dean Morgan...

"I'm going to go!" mouthing to her while she was on the phone.

Grabbing my jacket, phone and cigarettes, slipping my feet into my shoes – I all, but ran from the house.

What the fuck had that been? What in the hell had I even been thinking? Emily was my best friend's daughter! Fuck Emily was my daughters' best friend.

Emily is 24 years old, I am 52 years old, that's what.... a 28-year age gap. It was way too big an age gap wasn't it?

I had held Emily on the day that she had been born, I was there when she took her first steps, I helped Ben put money under her pillow when she lost her first tooth, I was there on her first day of school, when she got her first pimple, her first day of high school, her first school dance, when she introduced Ben to her first boyfriend.

Doesn't that make, what had just about happened, creepy? Oh God, I am a creep!

Fuck that; Ben would kill me if he had been here! Not to mention my girls; they'd be for sure creeped out and possibly angry about it. And the most important thing; I can't come between the friendship that the girls have.

Am I even attracted to Emily?

Yes, she is very beautiful, she's very funny, she's extremely smart and goal orientated. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't attracted to her. Where had this come from though?

Has it always been there?

Had I just blocked it out because of Ben?

What would have happened if that phone call hadn't come?

Our lips had been so close to touching; I can't help but wonder what it would have felt like to kiss her. Watching her lips; they appeared to be so soft and full, the gently bat of her eyes; left the lashes caressing the top of her perfectly formed cheeks. I just feel wrong for feeling like this but I just can't stop thinking about it now that it has started. It is like the snowball effect – rolling down a hill.

Before I even realised it; I was walking up the drive-way of my own home. The lights were on so that meant that Paige was home and hopefully Ryan would be here too. I have to figure that hanging with my girls; would straighten my mind out and remind me that Emily was 100% off limits. These feelings had to be stopped.

In fact, I found myself praying that it would wash away this sudden overload of feelings.

"Dad, what are you doing back here?" Paige asked looking up when I walked in the front door.

"Well, since I pay the mortgage, I figured I would sleep here tonight,"

"Oh, you're funny smart ass!" she replied, "is Emily ok?"

'Oh, Emily is fine – I almost kissed her!' My mind thought quickly but what came out of my mouth was, "yes she's fine – I just think it will be good for her to be alone for the night! Maybe you 2 could go over and see how she is doing tomorrow?"

"Would she really be ok with that?"

"She will be," I nodded. At least I hope to hell that she will be – someone needed to be there for her, and after tonight, I figure that it really shouldn't be me. I can't be there, I can't let what almost happened tonight, ever happen again. It wouldn't be right and I don't want to take advantage of her at this time; she was grieving her dad, the man had been her best friend and he had died, she wasn't thinking straight and if anything had happened, I would feel awful, for taking advantage.