Chapter 14: Too Hearts, Too Sweet

"I dare anyone to say we aren't a wrestling power couple!" Lily exclaimed with glee as she struggled to wiggle into her jeans Friday evening. "I'm never working out with you again. My thigh muscles are bulking out of control. Back on topic, both of us are on our way to sold out Axxess meet and greets. I know people are going to say 'oh, the only reason Lily sold out is because of her dad' but the truth is it was already 60% sold out on the first day before they decided to turn it into a father-daughter session. People actually paid to see me. I still can't believe it."

"Believe it, babe. I am so proud of you. You've come so far," he smiled. "I was going to wait until tomorrow night but now is the perfect moment."

"What?" she asked curiously and he pulled a little black box from behind his back. Her eyes widened in shock because she was not expecting this, at least not now. A chill of fear ran down her spine because her dad was going to kill him. "Fergal, what? I-I-I-"

"Oh, it's just a promise ring. I'm not even down on one knee," he laughed which relaxed her a little. He opened the box. Taking it out, he tilted it up so she could see the engravement inside: Two Hearts, Too Sweet. Then he slid it on her finger. "I'd give a speech but I think the ring says it all."

Lily felt stinging in the corners of her eyes but she blinked them away because her mascara wasn't waterproof. She raised her hand to look at her ring. It was a gold band with two interlocking hearts lined with diamonds. She hugged him. "It's beautiful and I love it...and you. I'd thank you for it but I'm already running behind."

"We have all night for that," he winked.

She thought Summerslam Axxess was a big deal but Wrestlemania Axxess was on a different level. Fans were everywhere and they needed a security escort just to get from one place to another.

Lily looked around. "Hey there's my dad and Hunter. Let's go."

Shawn's eyes went straight to her hand. He picked it up to examine it. He looked from her to Finn. "What the hell is this? Did you give this to her?"

"I would hope so," Finn replied sarcastically.

"Who do you think you are?!" he hissed. "I don't know how they do things over in Ireland but here in America any decent man asks the father for the daughter's hand in marriage and my answer is no!

Hunter looked over her shoulder. "And on top of that it's a small, bullshit ring! You have a million dollar salary plus a percentage of your merch sales and this is what you get her? You should be ashamed of yourself!"

"I was too distracted by the very idea of it to even notice the ring!" Shawn added. "Lily, I am insulted that you said yes to that popcorn machine ring. Have some respect for yourself."

Lily rolled her eyes. "It's a promise ring, guys."

"Oh..." Shawn blinked. "Well, I guess that's alright."

"And I'll have you two know that that small, bullshit, popcorn machine ring probably cost more than all the Hall of Fame rings WWE will be giving out tomorrow put together," Finn sounded slightly offended. "Lilith, my meet and greet doesn't start until another hour but I'm going to walk around for a bit and catch up with you later."

Lily's hand cramped after a long evening of signing autographs. Her and Shawn were down to their last two fans.

The first was a teen girl wearing Lily's upside down heartbreak shirt. "You deserve to be on that card Sunday and I'm not talking about the battle royal."

"I agree," Shawn said, signing his name before sliding it over to Lily.

Lily signed before giving it back to the fan. "All good things come to those who wait. Thanks for your support."