Chapter 1: Lilith Hickenbottom

Ashley: Happy Birthday!

Lilith: Thanks!

Ashley: Have u talked to him yet?

Lilith: No...

Ashley: What r u waiting for? Him to drive u all the way from TX to Cali for school?

Lilith: I don't kno how to bring it up.

Ashley: "Just do it" - Nike

Lilith: It's not that easy.

Ashley: The most he can say is no & since u officially became an adult today u have the power to do what u want.

Lilith: If he kicks me out of the house, I hope ur door is open.

Ashley: My door is always open. I hope everything goes well & I can finally meet u in person.

Lilith: I'm worried about how I'll be received. You know with the whole nepotism thing.

Ashley: Eh, that "Charlotte wouldn't be there if she wasn't Ric Flair's daughter" thing got to me for a while but I just worked harder to prove myself. The Flair thing is still getting thrown at me but no one can say I don't belong there. Also, you're beautiful and don't look like your father in drag like I did so you won't get the additional hate I got because of my looks and body thrown at u.

Lilith: Oh, Ashley. You're gorgeous.

Ashley: Yea & it only took me 10000000001 visits to the plastic surgeon's office. LMAO.

Lilith: Stop! Lol.

Lilith's mom zoomed the camera to a gigantic birthday cake with 18 candles. Lily came into the shot and blew all the candles out.

"Valedictorian of your class, a full ride scholarship to USC and now I finally get to see you as an adult," her father sounded a little emotional when he said it. "I am so proud of you, Lily."

"Thanks, Dad," Lily managed to give him a nervous smile.

"I'm going to go out to the pit and check on the meat so we can finally eat," he squeezed her hand before standing to his feet.

Her mother gave her a stern look. "If you don't tell him, I will."

"It'll be about ten minutes," he returned and joined them again at the table. "Where did the summer go? Freshman orientation is right around the corner. I got some free time next week, do you want to fly to Cali to check out the campus before it gets overcrowded by thousands of other kids?"

Lily took a deep breath and closed her eyes. Here it was, it was now or never. She knew this was going to begin the hardest conversation of her young life. "I don't want to go to USC."

He raised a brow. "Why not? Did you hear something negative about the school? It doesn't matter, you got scholarships to LSU, the University of Miami, Texas A&M and Alabama as well. Cutting it close but I don't think it's too late to get you registered."

Lilith shook her head, "No, Daddy, I don't want to go to college at all."

He looked taken aback, a bit stunned. "What do you plan on doing with your life then?"

"The same thing you did with yours," her heart raced and she was a mess of nerves but it was out there now and she couldn't take it back.

"Lily, what are you-" he stopped mid sentence and it looked like he realized what she was getting at. "If you're thinking what I think you are, get it out of your head right now."