Chapter 9: The Hangover

"What are you going to do if you run into him?" Shawn asked Lily on speaker as she packed her bags in her Orlando apartment. She hadn't been in it in so long the power was disconnected when she arrived Thursday evening. Today was Friday and time to get back on the road for the weekend house shows.

"You mean when," Lily corrected. "Backstage is big but not that big so running into him is inevitable. When it happens I'm not going to run away but if you're trying to ask whether we're going to sneak off to the nearest closet, no. Anyway, my flight leaves soon so I have to get to the airport."

Lily's relationship with Shawn was still awkward but slowly improving. Shawn grumbled under his breath before speaking again. "Okay. I'll see you Monday. Love you."

"Alright, Dad, love you, too," she replied, ending the call.

At the airport, Lily saw many other Orlando based Raw wrestlers getting ready for their flights. She heard a whistle from behind and was joined by Della and Marina.

They were stopped by fans to sign autographs and take selfies when Lily noticed one of them wearing a Roman Reigns shirt.

"I'm still bummed out over Roman," Lily commented and Della immediately walked away.

Marina stopped and turned to Lily. "Hey, for future reference, try not to mention Roman around D. It's a really sore subject for her..."

"Oh, okay. Is the offer still good?" Lily asked.

"Offer? What offer?" Marina blinked, confused.

"Do you remember when I was about to come on the road and you offered me a ride with you?" Lily reminded.

"Oh yeah. Well, D is dating Elias now so there'll be an extra body in addition to me, her and Seth but you're welcome to join us," she replied. "Wait, is Devitt not on schedule this weekend?"

"We, I, uhm, we're taking a break..." Lily admitted.

"Details?"

"I just have a lot going on right now and I can't juggle it all. Something had to go."

"And that something had to be Devitt?"

"Well I definitely couldn't get rid of my other concerns: my career and my father," Lily replied. "Like I said it's just a break."

"And what are you going to do if he gets back with Cathy or starts a new relationship?"

"I didn't think about that," Lily's eyes widened. "I'm confident he won't get back with Cathy but I hope he doesn't meet anyone else."

"Life is too fucking short to play games, Lily," Della said, joining them again. "If you know you want to be with the guy, go be with him. You don't know if his plane will crash, if an 18 wheeler will strike his rental or he'll receive a life altering diagnosis!"

"Della, please stop with the morbid crap. Thanks," Marina replied.

"Sorry, I'd already rented the car and didn't know we'd have an extra body so things may be a little tight," Rollins apologized outside of Enterprise.

"I weight 110 pounds. It's fine," Lily said, dragging her bags around the car. As she was struggling to lift her suitcase into the trunk, a car pulled up behind her and blew. The windows were tinted so she couldn't see inside. She was beginning to feel alarmed, not knowing if it was some weirdo or crazy stalker fan.

"Seth!" Marina hissed when she noticed the car.

Seth walked over to the driver's side to investigate and knocked on the window. Lily heard him exchange a few words before standing up right again. "Lilith, it's for you."