Chapter 10: A Too Sweet XMas

Finn's phone vibrated on the floor beside him early Friday morning as he packed for the weekend house shows. He didn't recognize the number and normally he wouldn't answer but the location read San Antonio, TX. He went ahead and slid the bar in case Lily changed numbers.

"Hello?"

"Fergal, sweetie?"

"Sweetie?" Shawn's voice was heard in the background and Finn realized that the first voice was Lily's mom. "Need I remind you that he defiled our daughter under our roof? I shouldn't have to because you knew before I did!"

"Shh!" she hushed him. "I'm calling on behalf of my husband because I know he's too prideful to contact you himself."

"I can take it from here," Shawn interrupted. "A few weeks have gone by and I'm aware that you've been secretly transporting Lily from show to show. I wanted to put a stop to it but it's been brought to my attention by Lily and then confirmed by my wife that there have been no further embarrassing incidents since she's been back under your watch. This was a very difficult decision to make and the truth is, I don't want you within 50 feet of my daughter but until she matures, I'll allow it."

"Oh, I, uh," Finn didn't quite know how to respond.

"She explained to me that you two were still on hiatus and I'd prefer it to stay that way. Strictly business but if these last few months have taught me anything it's that Lily is going to do what she wants. Let's get one thing straight, Balor, I am by no means giving you permission to have sex..." Shawn said the word 'sex' as if it tasted bad on his tongue"...with my daughter and it damn sure isn't a blessing to carry on whatever relationship you two had. You'll never get the greenlight for any of that if it has to come from Michael Shawn Hickenbottom."

"Maybe this isn't the time to ask this but do you hate me specifically for Lily or would you have felt this way about any of the guys in the back?" Finn boldly asked.

"You're right, this isn't the time," Shawn replied. "But yeah, you're hired again. I'll see you at Raw."

"And make sure you control that Cathy bitch!" Lily's mom yelled in the background before the call disconnected.

Finn smiled to himself about the slight victory he'd just won before scrolling through his contacts to find Lily.

She answered on the first ring. "Hey, have you left yet?"

"No, I got sidetracked by a phone call from your mommy and daddy," he revealed. "How did he know we were still traveling together?"

"I'm too embarrassed to say," she groaned.

"Lily, you saw me beat to a bloody pulp and I washed vomit out of your hair. The word embarrassment doesn't exist between us anymore."

"Okay," Lily paused, sighing. "I already had an Uber account before and that's the one I used to catch my rides. Of course my dad's card was linked to it and I didn't think to remove it now that I have my own cards. So when he finally looked at his statement he was confused as to why he was being charged for 2 and 3 mile trips to the arena. I had no other choice but to come clean."

"Wait," Finn erupted into laughter. Sometimes he forgot her age and moments like this reminded him.

"Stop laughing! It's not funny," Lily said all while laughing herself.

"Well, it all worked out in the end so..."

"It did? He told mom and me that he'd consider it but I thought he was only saying that to shut us up," she said.

"No, he was telling the truth apparently. He did give restrictions such as he wants me to keep things strictly business while also acknowledging that you're going to make your own decisions regardless."