Chapter 11: Pillow Talk

"What are you doing?" Lily heard Finn groggily ask from the comfort of her pillow Wednesday morning.

She was browsing Twitter and came across the Mandy Rose hotel segment. "So, I'm watching this Smackdown clip from last night. I know they wouldn't put me in that position because my dad would never allow it but what if I was just a random girl on the roster. How would you feel if they asked me to be filmed wearing lingerie in a hotel room with a Superstar?"

"Is the Superstar me?"

"No, that's the point."

"Well, I wouldn't hinder what could be a big break for you because of my own jealousy but if you weren't comfortable doing it, I would advise you to tell them. With the climate we're in today they can't really force you to do it unless you're okay with it," he stated. "However, if you agreed to it, just know that I'd be standing directly behind the cameraman watching like a hawk."

"I expect nothing less otherwise I'd be sorely disappointed because I was sure watching Bayley's hands every single time they can within an inch of you during the Mixed Match Challenge," she laughed.

"How long have you been up?" Finn asked, suppressing a yawn as he sat up shirtless against the headboard of Lily's bed.

"I don't know. Long enough to make breakfast, shower, watch you sleep, play with your penis in it's rare flaccid form and see what the fans were talking about online so maybe a little over an hour," she replied.

"Watching me sleep and molesting me...and they say men are the creeps," he joked.

"Exactly how many times since we've gotten back together have I woken to grayish-blueish eyes staring in my face and I woke up this morning with your hand clasped to my boob so let's not get into a who out-creeps who contest..."

"Because it would end in a tie," he added.

"Lies!"

"Anyway, what are the fans talking about?" he inquired.

"Same old, same old. I'm only here because of my dad. The AEW hype is real so I hope they deliver or there will be some very upset smarks. Your promo and win have been very well received. It definitely shut those, 'all he does is smile and pose' people up," Lily was very happy about this opportunity her boyfriend was receiving but her mind couldn't help but revert to his last big Universal Championship PPV singles match. It was against Seth Rollins and it ended with an injury that derailed his career for 6 months. "Can I say something?"

"Of course."

"I'm scared to death thinking about you stepping into a ring with Brock," she admitted.

"Babe, I've been wrestling since 2000, the same year you were born and during these last 19 years I've faced opponents just as big and strong as Brock," he said.

"Well, I wasn't your girlfriend backstage watching the monitors during those matches but I am now. I'll probably sit this match out because the anxiety of watching his stiff shots and suplexes is going to kill me!"

"Lilith, I'll be fine," he attempted to assure her.

"So you say..." Lily mumbled.

"Sounds like you have no faith in me."

"I have plenty of faith in you. It's Brock I don't trust. He can be a bit reckless in the ring sometimes."

"Yeah, you have a point there," he agreed.