Chapter 13: Ellen DeGeneres

"What are you doing?" Lily asked watching Finn stare down into his packed suitcase early Friday morning.

"I know I packed everything but for some reason it feels like something is missing," Finn answered.

"Gear for four days?"

"Yep."

"Clean underwear?"

"Yep."

"Wallet, phone and charger?"

"Yep."

"Well if you have all of those items, that's all you really need," she replied, grabbing her phone. "So this person on Instagram has been spamming the comments of every picture that I've ever posted of us together with Cathy related crap."

"Just block it," Finn suggested.

"I have...4 times already. They just make new pages," Lily huffed in frustration.

"The way things have been going lately it's probably Cathy herself..."

"She would've been my first suspect but the page that began the harassment was created years ago and has over 1000 posts. The fake profiles have username variations of the original page. It's not Cathy this time," Lily said. "Ever since that backstage interview with the 3 of us, 'the Finthy' 'CatFinn' fans have been enraged."

"If blocking doesn't work, just ignore it. Your 'Fertilizers' or whatever your fanbase calls themselves will handle it," he replied.

"I would've preferred 'Flowers' if they wanted to based themselves off of Lily. When I hear fertilize I think of eggs and sperm instead of plant food but get the sentiment," Lily laughed. "This is not a drill. The page has slid into my DMs."

"What does it say?"

"Now that you look like a blonde rooster by the head, it's only a matter of time before he runs back to Cathy. She's been glowing since the breakup meanwhile he's slumming it with you," Lily read aloud.

"Never thought I'd actively want to slum," he snorted in reply.

"She just sent another. Listen at this: you'll never be enough for him. He likes intelligent women like Cathy. She's a member of Mensa International. You're just a dumb little girl."

Finn rolled his eyes. "Babe, do not engage."

"Too late..."

Lily: A dumb little girl who graduated 1st in the most academically competitive high school in Texas and had multiple full ride scholarship offers to the best universities in America.

Troll: We adore Cathy, a WOMAN and Finn did too until you stole him.

Lily: FYI, I'm blocking...again. If you want to send any further DMs to vent that's fine but I won't accept them.

"Lily don't tell me you're going back and forth with that troll are you?" Finn questioned.

"No, I just blocked her."

"Good, you should've said nothing in the first place. When you give trolls a reaction they win. You weren't engaging with her when she was commenting which is why she kept creating pages after being blocked. That DM was bait."

"And I took it," she shook her head.

"Are you ready to head to the airport?"

"Yeah, I need to walk down the hall to my place to get my bags and we can go," Lily replied. Finn's apartment was still pretty empty besides the boxes that he shipped from Brooklyn.