1

I stare at the pile of papers on my desk. This isn't even my desk at the office.

I look at myself in the reflection of the vanity mirror. The small fairy lights surrounding the mirror don't help as they show off the darker eye bags and- is that a pimple?

I sigh.

I continue organizing everything into their respective folders and shelves.

The five shelves surrounding my desk are full of folders and notebooks of all the work I have for this year.

A bark catches my attention and I smile at the bulldog staring at me.

"Well, Ella, would you like to hear my to do list again?" I ask the lazy bulldog, tilting her head as she looks at me from her bed.

"So, for this week, I have to follow up on Tanya who's supposed to finish her song already. We have to start our music video shooting on Saturday. Oh. I also have a business meeting for the new designs and fashion line as well as the data chips that have been finished. Hm." I flip to the next page after skimming through the detailed things to check off. "I also have a shoot on Wednesday and Sunday for the new Magazine of our company and Blair's magazine. The team has a game on Monday too."

I place the magnetic to do list back onto the board on the wall. My bulletin boards and whiteboards are arranged into a big square and are full of notes and reminders, quotes and to-do lists.

I smile fondly at the polaroids strung on the bulletin board. There's still a lot more space though.

I look around at my room, seeing if there's anything else to rearrange or organize.

My king sized bed is made, the side tables clean with their frames set and the books underneath it are fixed too.

My bulldog's bed is at the corner where my wall sized window is. The window couch follows the trapezoid shape of the middle part of the window and the three drawers under it contain the different art materials I use every now and then.

With my desk across from my bed, I look at the other wall where the door is. This door leads to the first part of my room. When it's open, you'll see the stairs that lead to my mezzanin and the entrance to my walk in closet and bathroom and the main door.

I look at the pictures arranged in a creative collage and open the door to the first room. A small couch and bean bag are placed here near the stairs.

I walk up the stairs and check my mini studio. The lights and white wall, the set up for videos or just plain writing.

I walk down and check my walk in closet and the clothes.

Everything seems to be arranged.

"Okay. Moving on. Let's have some lunch." I tell Ella.

She agrees and slowly walks towards me.

We walk through the three bedroom hallway and down the stairs.

Our house isn't considered a mansion but it's definitely not the usual size.

"Well, you've finally come down from that office of yours." Mom says, smiling as she brings a tray of food outside.

I bring the other tray and we meet dad who's finished setting up the table in the mini gazebo in our backyard.

We cross over the mini bridge over our pool and sit inside the gazebo.

"Let's pray and dig into mom's delicious food." Dad says, rubbing his hands together.

Mom leads the prayer then we dig into the ceasar salad with her special dressing and then her delicious fruit pie.

We drink our fresh fruit juices and talk about this week.

"Honey, don't you think you're doing too much?" Mom asks, concern showing as she raises her eyebrows.

"You're still twenty four. You have a whole life ahead of you." Dad adds.

"Exactly." I reply. "Like you've told me, better to pay now and play later. Work hard now so I can enjoy and relax in my latter years in life."

Dad chuckles and pats my hand. "That's my girl."

"At least have a boyfriend already." Mom says with a wink.

"Mooom." I draw out shaking my head.

She and dad share a laugh and I smile.

"Not now. His timing." I answer, helping myself to another slice of pie.

"Well, God?" Mom looks up. "I hope you send my daughter the right man soon because I want some grandkids."

"Mom!" I exclaim.

Dad laughs along with mom and I shake my head, amused at my parents.

We finish off lunch then Dad gets up to go to work.

He kisses my forehead as he brings the trays back inside the house.

"Love you, Heather."

"Love you too, dad."

He kisses mom and then heads inside.

"What do you have planned for today? It's still Monday." Mom says, leaning back in her chair.

"Well, I should go over the topics to be discussed at the company and finalize stuff for the music video." I say.

Mom smiles. "Your dad brought you up to CEO because you're such a hard working and skilled lady. But you don't have to take everything upon your shoulders okay?"

"Mom." I place a hand over hers. "It's okay. I prefer having a lot to do rather than nothing at all."

"And you need to have a vacation too." Mom retorts.

"Not yet. Can't."

"Soon. Please." She pleads. "I don't want to see my only baby so drained out."

"Okay, okay. Soon." I give in.

We decide to do some gardening, Ella walking around and playing with her toys.

I help mom finish the little vegetable garden and then the flowers.

We sing and hum while planting flowers, watering veggies and just spending time out in nature.

"We should go inside now. Maybe bake something?" Mom suggests, knowing that we haven't baked anything together in so long.

I agree and put away the gardening tools.

"Come on, Ella. Let's make some treats." I call out to my bulldog.

She runs over and I laugh softly at my chubby little bulldog.

I open the door and we head inside.

We spend the rest of the afternoon baking cookies, doggie treats and muffins.

Dad comes home at five and updates me with what's happening at the company. Being the next in line, I have to know how to handle everything.

We surprise him with our mini bakery in the kitchen.

"Wow! You two made all this?" He exclaims, biting into a cookie. "You two are the best."

We give him a big hug and he sits down with Ella.

"I'll start making dinner. You two go put on a movie." Mom says.

Dad and I share an excited look and hurry into our movie room.

The floor is mostly covered in cushions or bean bags and the entire front wall is a screen.

Dad and I pick some movies and once mom is done cooking, we gather for family movie night.

"I wish this is what it'd be like forever. Just the three of us relaxing." I whisper as the movie starts.

I feel my parents share a look and I'm tempted to ask why, but I decide not to mind it.

I'll just stay contented in this moment. It won't last forever.