A Shattered Dove Part 2

My throat went raw from heaving my breakfast into the toilet, again. No matter how empty my stomach was, my body still heaved with desperation. Yet, it couldn't rid my body of the haunting thoughts of Francis.

Had he seriously just proposed? No, my mind was just playing tricks with me. That had to be it, but I knew it wasn't. He had just proposed and I sat there like a coward! I should have gotten up and left right there and then! 

I couldn't stop getting mad at myself even though I knew I couldn't have done anything else. My body had frozen with fear, I had been simply petrified. If had had half m mind I would have known he couldn't really do anything.

I mean, in order to have a legally bounding marriage, you need someone with a marriage license. By now I had to bet that I'd be pretty big news, so everyone would know who I was. No one in the right mind would marry a creepy man to a girl who has been kidnapped; especially if I say no.

He couldn't do any too bad to me anymore, not even get us legally married. The worst thing he could have done to me he has done, now he is just a joke. If he kills me then I escape my misery, so there is no point being afraid of being hurt. 

My act had always been flawed from the day I adapted it, but now it had broken. No more of the push-over girl who would idly sit on her kidnapper's lap while his kisses trailed her neck. No more crying, throwing up, or being afraid of this monster. That is all he is; a monster.

Yet, no matter how scary of a monster he may be; I was prepared. I wasn't going to cower under my covers anymore. I would stand up and confront the thing that haunted my every waking, and sleeping, moments. 

With my new found anger, I tore the stupid ring off my finger and threw it across the room. My finger throbbed from the unexpected pain, but it only heated my frustration. 

I stood up, wiped my mouth, and flushed the toilet. The twisting of my stomach had been replaced with a black pit craving revenge for my lost innocence. From this moment forth I would no longer be his little toy.

I had a life I had to get back to, so I could no longer deal with this one. The faces of my loved ones flashed before my eyes and a ping of sadness bit at my side. 

I remembered my brother first and how we used to be. No matter how much we fought, I still loved him. The only memories I held onto now were the ones where we laughed together. Sometimes we would laugh so hard that our eyes would tear up, but that only made us laugh harder. 

My mom and dad came next. The two people who had raised me and protected me my entire life. They were the ones who had me walk home, which resulted in my kidnapping, but I didn't blame them for anything that had happened. No matter how good your parents are, they can't shelter you from everything.

The thought of my family had only made my blood boil. No more of this. I would have no more of his games; I wanted my life back. I would have to make a stand or be damned to this hell for eternity.

His tactics didn't scare me anymore. I knew I had to run away, and soon; the longer I stayed the worse he would get. I had to plan.

I had began to pace the room while I put together a plan. The only time I could get away from Francis was when he was sleeping, and even then that was hard. I had to sneak out of his arms in the middle of the night and make a break for it. Otherwise, I would be married to a lunatic.

That was it; I was going to run away. No more road blocks, I had to do it this time. I was determined to either escape or die. I would settle for nothing in between.

A soft knock had startled my thoughts and caused me to jump. I quickly glanced around to reassure me of my surroundings. Everything was the same, except my knuckles had gone white from clenching my fists in anger.