The Verdict of My Life

Ever so carefully I lifted the tape off of the blue wrapping. My heart felt like it was going to beat out of my chest as I lifted open the side. I had no idea what would be in this mysterious little blue packaging, but I knew I had to be afraid.

After everything that happened that day, anything could be in that box; severed fingers, photos of myself, anything. There were no more limitations to what sickening things this man could do. For goodness sake, he had stalked me for months on end! He had been trying to replace his long gone wife with me. Who even knows what was going on with Isaeic.

My fingers trembled from my racing mind as I tried to fragilely open the box. Yet, no matter how hard I tried to steady myself, I couldn't stop from trembling. My hand shook so violently that I accidentally ripped open the box. 

The blue wrapping paper fluttered to the ground as I stared at the exposed corners of the box. Only three letters were visible, but they made my stomach drop to the floor.

It read 'Pre' in pink letters.

My throat went dry as I instinctively knew what it meant. I shouldn't have been surprised after what I had learned, but I just didn't expect it all to be happening so fast. It couldn't be- right?

With my body preparing to cry, I grabbed the wrapping paper with white knuckles. I held the paper so tight that I felt my nails digging through it and into my skin, but none of that mattered. If I held what I thought I did, then they least of my worries.

A sudden rush of adrenaline coursed through my veins and I tore the rest of the wrapping off. My heart stood where it last beat as my suspicion was confirmed.

The box read 'Pregnancy Test'.

My eyes widened as I dropped the box on the floor and held my hand to my mouth.  My world seemed to stop spinning for those few short moments, but it felt like an eternity.

Never had I thought such a thing could happen to me. Although, I had never imagined I would have been kidnapped either. My life in the past few months had been full of things I never could have thought, even in my worst nightmare, would happen to me. 

I was kidnapped. I was beaten, threatened, and yet shown a sadistic sweetness to. I had been stalked, photographed and obsessed over, replaced an ex-wife, assumed the position of a step mother, and proposed to by the man who had created my nightmare! My virginity had been stolen by a monster, and now I stand; possibly with his child growing inside me. 

It couldn't be possible. The man had raped me twice, a world's too many, but could I be with child from those two times? No. I wasn't pregnant. I showed no signs as of late and I just simply wouldn't have it.

My world had been brutally torn from me and shattered time and time again; I could not have this happen! I was only eighteen; I couldn't be with child! I understand how pregnancy works, but with all the horrible things that happened to me, I deserved a break! 

I was eighteen, kidnapped, and there was no way I would add pregnant to that list. 

A rustic taste filled my mouth. I realized what state I was in; broken. I had bit my tongue so hard that it bleed, while tears ran down my cheeks and my soul ached. I couldn't handle this anymore! There is no point going on if I will just be condemned to a life of pain and misery. It would all end if I just ceased my aching soul that cried out for help, yet unheard. 

I couldn't let that happen though. Deep down inside I knew I was close to escape, and if I ended it now then everything I had suffered would be for nothing. At least if I escaped I had a chance of helping myself and subjecting Francis to the sort of pain he had brought to me.