Chapter 3 More gifts

"How are we supposed to get past the door?" Anne asks me unsure of what to do.

"You realize we are in the same boat, I can't really solve everything."

"Well, it's just that just a second ago, you had so much strength and you somehow already knew how to crawl, so I thought you could do more."

"Who knows, I was just born after all."

Hey, God!

'Do you need something?'

Yeah, I need some help getting out of this room.

'You can do it yourself. You have telepathy so try out telekinesis.'

I hate you.

'My my, what a feisty little baby you are.'

Ugh...

Once I finish talking to that horrid man, I try out the next 'gift' he gave me. I attempt to turn the knob of the door with my mind. As Anne watches the whole thing unfold in front of her she becomes more and more enthusiastic of her new sister and she smiles a great big smile. The door slowly opens as I keep telling the door to open.

"There." I say when the door is wide open.

"Yay! Great job Jess!"

"Shall we begin the exploring?"

"Yes, we shall!" She says excitedly.

"Let's go then." We start to crawl out the door and down the hall. I decide I don't want to open a door that is already closed since if I do, it could lead to death, punishment, or another person. Each of which would end up badly. We crawl until we find the first open door.

The door leads to a library; the perfect place to obtain information. We crawl inside and we are both in awe at how many books there are. In the room, there are shelves of books that are against the wall. There is nothing else in the room. I count the shelves and there seem to be ten in a row circling around the room. Each shelf has ten rows. Each row of books is at least a foot high with close to 100 books on each row. There must be thousands of books here. I turn left and drag the first book off of the bottom row of the shelf.

"What does it say?" Anne asks.

That would make sense. Normal babies can't read nor can they write, but since I already know that stuff it comes easily to me. Luckily this place uses English.

"It says 'encyclopedia'."

"What's an in-cycle-o-pedia?"

"Its just information."

"Oh okay."

I put the book back and go to the next shelf. I drag another book off the row.

"What does that one say?" Anne asks.

"It says 'Philosophy'."

"What's that?"

"It doesn't matter."

However, I believe I know what system this library is using to order the book; the Dewey decimal classification system. If that is the case then the fifth shelf should include dictionaries. I put the philosophy book back and crawl over to the fifth shelf to pull out a book. I pull out a book.

"What's that one?" Anne asks again.

"As I suspected it says 'Dictionary'."

"I still don't understand."

"You will one day, don't worry."

I put the book back. I then proceed to check the other shelves. They all seem to be the same as normal libraries but with one small difference. The ninth shelf should be Literature (plays, poems, essays, and foreign languages) but its not. I pull out a book from it.

"Is that one special?" Anne asks.

"I guess you could say that." I reply as I read the title: 'The Fundamentals of Magic'.