XXXVII

Chapter Thirty Six : Toughen Up

" So let me ask you something " Cash said to her brother . As part of her new daily routine after getting the kids from school she would stop at her brothers place so that the kids would be able to spend time with him and prepare him something to eat .

" what's up ? " he asked her.

" what are you doing hanging around that gang ? " she asked .

" I need money baby sister , there already ain't no damn jobs around here and the little ones they do have ain't gonna hire my ass . i'm tired of sitting in the house all day , having you to do everything for me . I can't even buy shit for my kids that shit don't sit right with me cash i'm used to doing for you , taking of you not the other way around " he vented and she nodded her head in understanding.

" I understand dhaz but I just got you back , don't forget you're out of jail but you're not completely a free man you're on papers . if you get caught with that shit you're gonna be back locked up and for way longer . think about your kids you already missed out on so much " She said .

" I know that's not why you asked me that cashmere , I know that the niggas I be with ain't feeling your little boyfriends gang and nine times outta ten he told you some shit about it but like I said i'm just getting money the rest of that is irrelevant to me " he said lying through his teeth .

" okay " she said right as someone starting banging on the door like they were the police . She looked over at her brother who looked just as confused as she did . " were you expecting someone ? " she asked and he shook his head as he walked to the door and snatched it open to see Yanni standing on the other side of the door .

" Nigga you been out of jail for a whole fucking month and didn't think to tell me ? " Yanni fussed. Even though she and Cash weren't friends anymore she still followed her on instagram and was surprised to see that she posted up up a picture of her baby daddy with his two kids in the living room of her old apartment so she decided to pop up and pay him a visit.

" Tell you for what Ayanna ? We ain't together and my daughter ain't with you so what I need to talk to you for ? " He said .

" So you didn't want to see me ? " She asked growing hurt .

" Look Ayanna , I love you but you did me dirty as hell while I was locked up . I appreciate you for putting money on my books but you were never there for me physically , you never came to visit me instead you was out here fucking niggas in that damn club . You didn't only neglect me but you did the same thing to my daughter and I don't know if I can forgive that " He said honestly.

" Don't act like you were innocent in this relationship yes I fucked other niggas while you were locked up but I did that shit to get paid , to make money to take of your daughter . You fucked that bitch Tiny just to do it and not only that but you had a whole son you hid from me for years . How do you think I felt when I found out about that ? " She questioned .

" I know you're hurt about that and i'm sorry for hurting you but i'm not about to sit here and call my son a mistake and that's another reason why i can't be with you . Cashmere told me all the shit that you said about my son and I can't be with no one who don't accept my kids and I won't put anyone before them and not only that you beefing with my sister the only person whose been in my corner and never switched up " He said .