XI

Chapter Eleven: Reality Check

Dhaz and Yanni were riding around in a stolen car on their way to rob a pharmacy for pills . The tension between the two of them was thick . Yanni hadn't said two words to him and she was scooted as close to the door as she could be and she had her head buried in the window not wanting to look at him .

" I love you " Dhaz said as he broke the silence between the two of them .

" I can't tell Dhaz look at my eye " Yanni snapped as she turned to face him .

" You did that shit to yourself " He said .

" So I punched myself in the eye ? " She said looking at him upside the head .

" No but you were being stupid . You thought it was a good idea to involve yourself in a street war when you don't have no type of street knowledge and not only that but you talked my sister into that shit too " He snapped .

" Don't bring your sister up , Cash would want nothing to do with you when she finds out you're a women beater " Yanni snapped .

No one knew that her and Dhaz were messing around not even Coco and Cash and she told them everything . At first Dhaz told her he wanted to keep it on the low because he didn't want it to be any confusion in their clique if they didn't work out but yanni knew it was because he was ashamed of her reputation.

Yanni was the definition of go getter , just like Cash and a Dhaz she had a drug addict for a mother but unlike Cash she didn't have a brother taking care of her she had to care for herself and she did whatever she had to survive even if it was fucking niggas for money .

Now that they were together Dhaz took care of her how he took care of Cash so she didn't have to sell her body anymore but the damage was already done . He claimed he didn't care about her past but she was no fool .

" I don't beat you , I always let you win the fight so shut up " He said in his defense .

" That don't justify you hitting me , my eye is swollen " Yanni yelled .

" Okay and have a big ass hickey on my forehead " Dhaz reasoned . Yanni and Dhaz were the modern day Ike and Tina . Dhaz had a problem keeping his hands to himself and so did Yanni ; When he did something she didn't like she would go upside his head and vice versa , Dhaz thought it was justified since he never did much damage to her and he always let her win the fight but it wasn't their relationship was toxic.

She didn't respond she just put her head back on the window . " I'm really sorry about hitting you Ayanna , that's something we both have to work on because we can't hit each other every time we get mad " He said sincerely .

" You're right and i'm sorry for hitting you with the lamp " She said as she looked at him and grabbed his hand . He intertwined their fingers and brought it up to his lips and kissed her hand .

" I love you " He said honestly .

" I love you too " Yanni said and just like always they were back good . They both rode in a comfortable silence until he pulled into the back of Drugs the name of the pharmacy they were stealing the pills from . He sat a ski mask and a gun on Yanni's lap and she looked at him confused .