Chapter Eight

Killian blinked lazily as he stared at the work that has somehow grown in the past day or so. The serial Killer investigation hadn't gotten far at all, making him frustrated at not only people but his own ability to do his job. Killian typed furiously into his computer, finalizing the report from the last kill.

     Sighing, he ran his fingers through his hair before pushing his chair away from a table and stood up. Killian gazed across the room before grabbing his phone, keys, and briefcase and locking up his office for the day. The autumn chill reached him as he swung the door open and made his way to his pickup.

     Killian sighed as his pickup revved to life, and the heater blasted on his face defending him from the cold. Killian jumped when his phone rang loudly in the midst of the silence.

     "Hey Chili, want to go out to eat?" Jay's voice rang through the phone.

     "How could I say no to my favorite brother?" Killian replied before chuckling.

     "Chili, I'm your only brother," Jay said, "Let's meet up at Olive Oasis, I'll see you there!"

     Killian blinked as Jay hung up. Guess I'm going to Olive Oasis. He thought before pulling off of the curb and speeding towards the restaurant. As he was driving, he heard numerous cops and ambulance sirens heading towards the coffee district (which wasn't really named that, it was just a nickname given by Killian himself because of the numerous coffee shops.) Killian rolled his eyes before mumbling something along the lines of "People these days,"

     Only a few minutes later, Killian pulled into the parking lot and spotted Jays Black Mustang. Killian hopped out of his pickup to be face to face with Jay, who hugged him.

     "Are you ok, Jay? Your never this touchy-feely," Killian asked as he hugged back.

     "Yea, I'm good, but starving. Let's go in." Jay replied before realizing from the hug and started striding towards the entrance, Killian following.

     As soon as the brothers opened the door, the scent of pasta wafted to their noses, making them sigh in content.

    "Hello, welcome to Olive Oasis, how many people are with you today?" A waitress asked of them.

     "Just us two," Killian replied.

     "Okay, follow me," She said and started to walk to a table that was, for the most part, secluded. "Here you go, and what would you like to drink?"

     "Coke please," Killian said as Jay said "Pepsi, please," The two stared at each other in disbelief before the waitress said, "Sorry, we only have Coke." Killian grinned as Jay mumbled a "That works," The waitress sauntered off, leaving the two to look over their menus.

     "So, how's the case going?" Jay asked of Killian as he glanced over the menu.

     "Not very good, I can't seem to grasp any leads. To be quite honest, I'm really starting to feel incapable." Killian said.

     "BRO!" Jay says as he slams the menu down, "Don't fret about it. I'm sure something will come up."

     "Thanks, bro," Killian says as the waitress struts up with their drinks in hand.

     "Are you ready to order?" She asks as she pulls a notepad out.

     "Yep," Killian and Jay said at the same time.

     "I'll have a spaghetti please," Killian said.

     "Me too, please," Jay said.

     "Okay, I'll be right back with some breadsticks," She said.

     "How's Paisley?" Killian asked of Jay as he took a sip of Coke.

     "She's really good!" Jay said before asking "How's Avalon?"

     "We had a small argument last night, but I'm going to be taking her out to dinner tonight so I can apologize." Killian said, "I'm also thinking about proposing soon."

     Jay gulped down some Coke before replying "I think you should,"

     "Thanks for the blessing man, I'm glad that you don't hate her," Killian said.

     "Yea, me too," Jay said as the waitress came back with their breadsticks and food.

     "Is there anything else you need?" She asked.

     "Nope, I think we're good," Killian said.

     The two started to eat their food, commenting on its taste, (Which was amazing, in case you were wondering) when Killian's phone started to ring loudly throughout the room. Killian's eyes widened before whipping it out of his pocket.

     "Hello?" Killian asked into his phone as he fumbled with the heater knobs.

     "Hey Killian, it's John Clark, we have a new scene that we need you to check out," John said "It's at 671 NE Pike lane. it's urgent too, I think they found something."

     "Ok, I'm on my way there now," Killian said before hanging up. "Hey Jay, I gotta go, they have a new scene. Can you take my food for me? I'll pay you back."

     "Yea, I got it, I'll see you later," Jay replied as Killian flew out of the building and into his pickup. Turning up the radio, he started his drive to the most recent kill from the now nicknamed "BlueJay". All that he could hope for is for this to not have a cold end.

     Arriving at the scene, his eyes widened at what he saw. There in the ally behind her favorite coffee shop, Avalon lay dead.

~ END OF CHAPTER EIGHT

     Hey, guyyysssss.... Sorry that I took so long to get this chapter out. There are many reasons I could say, but none could make up for the time it took to produce this chapter and for that, I apologize. And on top of that, this was a rather short chapter. I'll try to make it up too you. But in the meantime, I hope that this chapter at least satisfied your want for this story while I concoct the next chapter. So, vote and comment! Also, the song above is Smithereens By Twenty One Pilots. It is a different version of it, but I thought it went with the chapter.

Stay Gold.