Chapter four

Jay walked down the street, and sighed. The day was almost over, and the sun sat low on the skyline. He was on his way to a meeting with Fredrick, when his stomach rumbled.

  "Maybe I should eat something." Jay mumbled to himself before he caught a whiff of some pizza.

  Before getting much further,Jay found himself stopping in front of a pizza shop called "twisted toppings pizza". It was a pizza parlor that had a rustic look to it.

  "This looks good." Jay thought as he walked inside. Instantly, the smell of pizza made Jays mouth water.

  "Hello sir, how may I help you?" A Lady named Jessica, according to her nametag said as Jay walked up to the waitress, who was behind a rustic island with a cash register on it.

  "Hi. Can I have a cheese pizza and a Coka-cola to go please?." Jay replied.

  "yep! Is that it sir?" Jessica asked.

  "Uh... Yea. That's it." Jay replied.

  "Okay. That will be $8.95. Jessica said.

   Jay reached into his pocket and retrieved his Wallet. After a few seconds of looking, Jay grabbed a crumpled $10 and handed it to Jessica. After Jessica pushed some buttons on the cash register and rang up the order, she said "$1.05 Is your change, and your food will be ready soon."

  "Thanks." Jay mumbled before taking a seat at a table for two next to a window.

  "This place could pass for a coffee shop." Jay thought as he glanced around. The walls were covered in tin, and the floors were close to a shade of dark brown, but it was lighter.

  Jay was brought back to attention when Jessica made her way to him, Pizza and soda in hand. "Here you go, have a nice day." she said before making her way back to the register.

   Jay walked out of the restaurant and started on his way to a warehouse where Fredrick was waiting. On his way, he munched on the pizza, and moaned. "This is so good!" Jay thought before finishing his slice of heaven.

  *10 Minutes later*

  "YOU FORGOT THE DAMN ID CARD!" Fredrick yelled at Jay.

  "Sorry Sir." Jay said as he took a sip of his coke.

  "AND STOP DRINKING THAT SODA!" Fredrick yelled before slapping Jays soda out of his hand.

  A look of pure horror settled on Jays face as he looked at the soda.

  "That had cost me $3 bucks dude." Jay said as he watched to soda leak out of the cup.

  "Your a MURDERER. A stupid soda shouldn't make you sad." Fredrick said to Jay.

  Jay then sent a murderous glare to Fredrick and something about it, made Fredrick understand that he will kill him if he has to.

  Jay, without saying another word, turned on heel and left the warehouse. Sighing, he pulled his phone out of his pocket and unlocked it. He decided he should see how his closest friend was.

  "Hey." Jay sent to the contact named "Chili"

  Right before Jay put his phone into his pocket. his phone vibrated.

  "Hey, What's going on?" Chili replied.

  "Nothing much. You?"

  "Yea. Working on a case. But I have a pretty good lead."

  "Really? How about we go to lunch and you can tell me about it"

  " Sure. I know just the place. Meet me at My place."